Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ink stain on leather

Posted by kathy 
ink stain on leather
June 08, 2002 10:34PM
Does anyone know how to get ink stains out of a leather seat? My pen leaked without me realizing it, and I have tried soap and water, but the stain is really in there. Also, I noticed that some of the dye was coming out of the leather, so I quit with the soap and water. Help!
Re: ink stain on leather
June 09, 2002 12:31AM
you can try lexol cleaner,but try it with a 3m green scuff pad andGENTLY scrubb it. but if you are already losing dye you will have to seek a good upholstery shop. don't go to a spot repair guy as you will not be happy in a few weeks.
good luck,mike
June 09, 2002 02:41PM
Try a little "hairspray" on the ink. Then wash off the hairspray residual with mild soap and water. If the ink has not penitrated the leather finish is should come off otherwise it may have redyed the leather.

Be gentle and be careful. I recomend that you blot with an absorbent white towel only. This way you will be able to see right away if the stain is comming off the leather and onto the white towel.

Good luck
June 12, 2002 01:24AM
I`ve had great results removing ink from leather using a product called nylon spotter. I get it from my detail products supplier. It has a lot of uses besides removing ink.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login