Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I broke down

Posted by turboman 
I broke down
June 18, 2002 12:08PM
and purchased "garage insurance" yesterday. I found that not many companies are willing to write such policies with everyone being law suit crazy. My policy costs me $700.00 a year. and it covers $50,000 liability with a 500 deductable. I pick up most of my cars, so that becomes an issue, which is why I got the insurance. Now my wife (always thinking of worse case senarios) says I should get a limited liability agreement which is something an attorney must write up. If I get in an accident with a customer car, and GOD forbid I kill someone or seriously injure them. This garage insurance won't protect my personal assets in the event of a civil suit. At this rate, I won't turn a profit til 2004! turboman

Dan
Re: I broke down
June 18, 2002 03:39PM
Mines from state farm, costs me 1,030 dollars a year, covers as much as 200 thousand on each incident, two incidents a year. 500 deductible, covers me driving their vehicles and/or hurting their cars some other way. It even covers me if someone came to me two years from now and their clear coat peeled off from too much buffing. That wouldnt happen, but Im just giving you an idea of what my insurance covers. Take care!
June 18, 2002 10:12PM
Turbo:

due dillegence on your part and piece of mind are the marks of a true professional. I seems like a lot of money but apply the test that helps make it all worth while.

What is the likelyhood of a misshap occuring?.....and..... if it does what are the consiquences to you , your business and others. We dont flinch at fire inusrance yet when was the last time your house or business burnt down... ..but we gladly bear this cost because few of us if any could ever bear the real cost of recovery from such an event happening.

and so it goes

Congrats on making what I beleive is a good business decision and heres hopeing you never have to use it......
June 18, 2002 11:09PM
we pay about 1500 a year and that covers me driving vehicles and if the worst happens in my shop
150,000. if one 911 should burn up in your shop there's your coverage. i would just touch base with your insurance guy or gal to double check your coverage.
oh ,by the way, we do this for the enjoyment not to make a profit! remember?
good luck and a smart decision
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login