Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new web site

Posted by scottamasawaldon 
new web site
September 29, 2006 05:33AM
I would appreciate it if you guys could look at my website and tell me what you think! www.handsondetail.net ny info would be great dont worry my feelings wont get hurt!
Re: new web site
October 01, 2006 01:51AM
I'm no judge of anything computer-related so I'll just be the first to say, " Welcome to the forum and best wishes for success. "
Doug

" Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully. "- from Life's Little Instuction Book
October 02, 2006 07:11AM
The content seems to be alright but.. it doesn't look very good. It looks very plain. The type is very small and a bit hard to read.

I don't feel you business. I want to be able to get a taste for what your business is about.
October 07, 2006 04:25AM
Joe- Good points indeed !
Scott- After reading it over, I find the text isn't exciting enough and the need to click links to read more about a service makes it feel disorganized. I'd like it better if the home page had big tabs to click on that sent you to a page devoted to the desired subject.
Some clearer text would read : " Auto detailing, whether exterior, interior or both will leave your car beautifully clean and protected.
Paint Touch-up service employs a professional process that makes stone chips and scratches almost disappear.
Paint Sealant protection lasts easily three times as long as commonly-used car waxes.
--- GET A PRICE QUOTE FROM US---
Every car has its own needs and condition. Come in and let us evaluate your car's needs. We'll discuss your wishes and goals before recommending specific services and giving you a free, no obligation estimate in writing. You'll be surprised how much you get for your money.
Click any of the tabs at left for more information. "

Notice that I only mentioned the pricing policy once. Emphasize customer benefits instead of technical details such as exactly how you apply touch-up paint. Make the text flow.
My opinion only but I hope it gives you some ideas.
Doug
" Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want. "
October 20, 2006 12:25PM
Scott,

Your site looks good. Always keep in mind that most websites are a work inprocess. It is always a good idea to plan to make changes when you think they are necesssary.

October 21, 2006 03:02AM
Scott-
Perhaps you can identify a trigger that will cause a customer to want his car detailed. Examples, " Impress your date by picking her up in a spotless car that even smells extra nice." " Get a reconditioning detail to make your car worth hundreds more dollars." " People will think it's a show car."
" Enjoy the feeling of driving a new car without the payments."
" Shouldn't your car be as clean as your house." " Your paint protects the car. Our sealant protects the paint."
Feel free to use any of these triggers.
Doug
" When it comes to worrying or painting a picture, know when to stop."- Life's Little Instruction Book-
October 21, 2006 04:21PM
Scott:

Nice to see a fellow Oregonian on the forum, nice neat clean looking shop. as frank said web sites are work in progress I change mine almost daily

good luck
Randy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login