Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Quest For The "Wet Look"

Posted by Joe Yak 
Quest For The "Wet Look"
July 03, 2002 02:50PM
On my 2002 Honda Accord EX Silver Satin Metallic I have used the Meguiars line of products..I washed using Gold Class Car wash... Polished using Clear Coat Polish.....Then waxed using Gold Class Liquid. I like the results but the "Wet Look" evaded me. This weekend...two months later I am going to try One Grand Omega Glaze and then Blitz Wax...many here along with the manufacturer have told me this will get me to the "Wet Look" I so desire. I am going to try various products until I have achieved the Holy Grail of the ultimate Wet Look. Any Suggestions???? Please send them my way.
Re: Quest For The "Wet Look"
July 03, 2002 04:16PM
[web-cars.com]

Cut and paste this for your answer.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
July 03, 2002 07:45PM
Hi Joe:
You may want to consider using "Wet Wax" by Auto Magic, after you have cleaned & polished the paint with a pure polish. Wet Wax is a pure carnuaba wax, with special polymer agents to create a wet look. A pure polish contains petroleum dissilates and natural oils...no wax! The best solutions is to polish the paint liberally so the polish will actually shave off the dead and oxidized paint, while providing your paint with natural oils that it desperately needs. Remember, too much waxing will create build up, hence a dull looking finish. Be weary about the so-called polishes and waxes they sell in auto parts stores. NEVER USE TOUCHLESS!!! Actually, anyone with a horror story after using TOUCHLESS, please reply with it!

Take care all

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 03, 2002 08:29PM
do yourself a favor and stay with the one grand products if working by hand,i polish by machine with the swirl free and follow with 26 wax and my white bmw looks like it is still wet,my wifes black cabrio looks the same.i never got the consistant results on black with automagic that i did with one grand or meguiars
good luck
mike at the shine shop
July 03, 2002 08:41PM
Joe - gotta a tip for you - to get the wet look get yourself a bottle of Eagle One's Wax as U Dry - costs about $4.99 - follow the directions on the back and you will not believe how shiny this will leave your car's finish - no, this will not provide the same protection as a paste wax - but it does what it says - hope this helps
July 04, 2002 01:12AM
I have been using the Platinum products and I have found the WET-LOOK that I have wanted for years. Very deep, glossy and reflective. No dust attraction and a wash and quick detail and it looks like I just applied it even after 2 months. I buy them from www.premiumautocare.com and I love Platinum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login