Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Urine Stain & Odor Control

Posted by buda 
Urine Stain & Odor Control
January 10, 2007 10:27PM
For any of you interested is some comprehensive information on how to remidate pet urine stain and odor in vehicle interiors there will be a series of posting on the subject at www.detailplus.com and click on Ask the Experts. The information will be posted over the next week.

Let me know what you think of the information.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: Urine Stain & Odor Control
January 12, 2007 02:27AM
The whole web site is very interesting reading.
January 12, 2007 03:30AM
Larry:

Thank you for the compliment. If you have any questions about anything on the site let me know.

Regards
Bud Abraham
January 12, 2007 05:49AM
Further postings have been made on the Ask the Experts page of www.detailplus.com on Pet Urine Stain and Odor Remediation for those interested.

Regards
Bud Abraham
January 15, 2007 07:12AM
Bud-
I think you have a responsibility to tell everyone that you require registration to access the Ask The Experts feature if you are going to invite everyone to simply "...click on Ask the Experts..."
Heck, there are people on this forum who won't even reveal their names ; I doubt they'll want to shoot their info out into cyberspace.
I wonder why registration is necessary anyway. I've viewed the Britney Spears car pics, Saddam's hanging, Jokaroo's video of Britney Spears appearing to be on drugs, the Berg beheading and other horrors on the web and nobody asked me to undergo registration to see all that...(LOL)
Doug
January 15, 2007 02:45PM
Simple, when we established the Ask the Expert site 5 years ago it was done with a requirement for registration.

If you or someone else does not want to register, that is fine, do not.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: Urine Stain & Odor Control : Assembled Wisdom
October 12, 2007 05:45PM
To add to this old thread...
You can visit www.cartalk.com and click on " Crying Over Spilled Milk " for a forum-style discussion of odor removal and recommendations of several products.
Some quotes :
" ...go to your nearest pet store and get some "NATUREs MIRACLE"..."
" ...Arm & Hammer Anti-Bacterial Pet Fresh..."
"...pure vinegar..."
"...I highly recommend that you go to your grocery store or wherever they rent Rug Doctor carpet cleaners. On the Rug Doctor display, you will see small red bottles called Odor Remover..."
"...Odor Ban..."
"...go to qvc.com type in v13286 which is don aslet's x-o odor neutralizer..."
"...Go to www.odorxit.com and you will be more than satisfied with the product..."
"...product: Sanox II; manufacturer: Conklin Co., Inc.; source: dess3@verizon.net
view product: www.Conklin.com > cleaning products (left side/blue) > purchase products (top/green) > multipurpose cleaners > next/p.2 > Sanox II > view specifications file..."
"...any of the general purpose spotters that are not solvent based. Enzyme spotter that is Oxgenated preferably.(Hydrogen Peroxide Based, they react to any organic soils)..."
"...go to www.uniquemm.com and search for a retailer in your area to purchase 'Unique Odor and Stain Eater' or 'Unique Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator' ..."
"...Dry coffee grounds usually works on about everything. Sprinkle liberally and let set for a couple days. Worked on cat urine and spilled fish meal..."
"...Pick up a bottle of odor digester. It has active bactieria in it that will "eat" the residual milk and remove the smell. You can get it at your local janitorial supply house..."
"...They also suggested I put a bag of charcoal in the trunk..."
"...I dumped ALOT of baking soda over the area that had been "milked" and let it sit for a few days. Then I just vacuumed the baking soda up and the smell was gone!!!..."
"...I solved it using my Little Green Machine, some Bissell carpet cleaner and deodorizer and an 89 cent bottle of vinegar..."
"...Anti-Icky Poo spray..."
"...have the entire interior steam cleaned. It may take a couple of trips but its cheaper than replacing carpet..."
"...Go to the website to find the retailer near your town: www.spartanchemical.com
CONSUMEĀ® BACTERIA/ENZYME DIGESTANT/DEODORANT..."
"...I picked up a bottle of something called Biokleen 'bac-out' enzyme stain and odor eliminator from our local food coop. For around $9 for 32 oz, it cleared most of the smell on the first application to carpet and seats, then a second try SEEMS to have done the trick.... But then we have not had any really hot weather recently.... "
"...There's this stuff sold at pet stores like PetSmart and PetCo called "Nature's Way" that will get rid of the sour milk smell. The product is intended to get rid of cat urine smells, but I found it worked on several other smells like spilled milk, french fries lodged where you can't get to them along with spilled gasoline as well!... "
"...Atmosklear. It was a miracle! After a couple of applications the smell was gone...apparently it works by masking the smell by chemically binding to the odor molecules?!..."
"... Kid's "n" pets stain and odor remover. I bought it at Target..."

"...Get a professional cleaner to clean your vehicle. We had the same situation - a half-gallon of milk in a glass container broke. We tried everything, but to no avail. Broke down and called the cleaner. The first visit they just cleaned the carpet, but that didn't work. They came back a second time and tore up the carpet, and we then saw that the milk had run down every conceivable nook and cranny on the floor boards. They cleaned all that up, and presto - no more smell."

"...I own a car rental business, and if it can be spilled in a car, I've seen (and smelled) it. I mean from milk to Phillipino fish stew to what the dog ate for lunch yesterday! And I won't gross you out with stories of frat-boys who can't hold their beer and are too drunk to realize the window isn't rolled down. I've tried the ozone generator and every cleaner/deodarizer you've heard of, and a few you haven't. None have worked on really bad smells. If an organic material was spilled on a permeable surface, probably the only way to get rid of the stink, is to get rid of the permeable surface,... the carpet, and pad, and seat, and door trim panel, and what ever else soaked up what was spilled. " ...

"Some years ago I operated a used car sales facility. Every car that came to use was completely detailed. That included removing the interior for cleaning or at a minimum, removing the seats and carpet. In most cars this is a very easy procedure. Once the carpet or items that require cleaning can be removed from the vehicle, wash it thoroughtly. A small pressure washer with a detergent dispenser works great on carpet. Use a shop-vac to extract as much of the moiture as possible. Afterwards, lay it in the sun to dry or at least in a heated room with a fan blowing on it, making sure that air can circulate underneath. When dry, reinstall. Make sure the interior portion of the car where the carpet was laying is also clean. There is work in this, but it is cheaper than the alternative. "

Here are Quotes from Concoursgarage on this forum :
"You need to take your automobile to a professional auto detailing establishment and one that specializes in remediation of odors and spills. In your case peanut oil has saturated the carpeting, under-padding (jute) and flooring of the vehicle. The extent of the spill can only be determined by removing all the contents of the vehicle including the carpeting or using a moisture detecting probe. Attempting to shampoo with contents in place is futile as you will only be expanding the problem by adding a voluminous amount of water into the vehicle and spreading the oil further around. The oil is coating the flooring, crevices, wire harness and will become rancid with time and temperature. When the contents of the vehicle are removed then one can remove the under-padding replace with new, clean up the flooring and carpeting with emulsifiers to break down the oil and then scrubb and wash. Automobile carpeting is quite durable and will rarely get damaged from scrubbing. "
"... I can assure you there is no luck involved or magic bullet. We are seriously engaged in the business of odor removal and over the years we have by trial and error created cleaning protocols to deal with all types of odors. While we own 2 ozone machines we use them sparingly because they do not smell like fresh odor after rainfall...but rather a dull flat tinny smell which can be quite offensive to some customers. "

Quote of Bud Abraham :
" 1. Odor comes from bacteria.
2. Kill the bacteria and you eliminate the odor
3. There are several ways to eliminate odor:
a. Ozone
b. Biological odor eliminator chemical either sprayed and wiped on the
surfaces of the interior or used with fogger
c. Prior cleaning and shampooing can help to eliminate odor, however
if the ozone is used properly it should eliminate the bacteria without
the need for cleaning since cleaning, unless you use a bacteria killing
shampoo, will not kill the bacteria. It will provide for cleaner windows
and hard surfaces, etc.
4. It is not recommended to use an extractor or steamer on cloth head-
liners because this could and many times does, breakdown the ad-
hesive holding the headliner material to the foam backer.
5. Also, you can kill mold spores that build up in the air conditioning system
creating smell, irritation to eyes and nose by turning the system on and
running it with the ozone machine on.
Did I miss anything? "
Link to article on odor : [www.carwash.com]

Doug

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 04:18PM by Doug Delmont.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login