Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

used car smell

Posted by mark allen 
used car smell
July 13, 2002 03:38AM
Can any one tell me if it is possible to rid a used vehicle of the bad smoke smell of a smoker, and how I can do it.

I would appreciate any help

Mark
Re: used car smell
July 14, 2002 05:15AM
I used Tuff Stuff foaming cleaner on my grandfather's car (EVERY SURFACE), and when I was done, my dad (who HATES smoke) couldn't smell it anymore inside the car.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Re: used car smell
July 15, 2002 11:02PM
we would shampoo/extract with the carpet machine. this would include the seats/carpet and fabric. the headliner seems like it holds most of the smell so we would clean that also. after drying, a liberal dose of air freshener(febreeze or clorox air sprays would probably be your best bet over the counter) would be applied. if it was severe, we would use a product designed to rid houses of smoke damage and odor from fires. this stuff can be picked up at your local janitorial supply house. we also had a thermo-fogger which would heat a product into a fine fog. the fog would cover all the carper and the seats and act as a deodorizer. if you don't have access to any of this stuff, try don's reccomendation of a foam cleaner. then use a good dose of febreeze. be careful not to get the headliner too damp or it will "fall".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login