Tire dressing

Posted by big1poop 
Tire dressing
October 29, 2008 01:55AM
What is the most shiny tire dressing made, I am currently using Ultimate dress
water resistant tire dressing made by chemgard
Re: Tire dressing
October 29, 2008 03:13AM
Check out the chemical companies that are members of the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION: www.the-ida.com

All Brite
P&S Chemical Sales
DETAIL PLUS Car Appearance Systems
Car Brite

They are some of the best companies in the industry and have quality products.
October 29, 2008 08:41PM
?

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:03PM by MartinHernandez.
November 10, 2008 05:10AM
Solvent based dressings tend to be the shiniest but...Do you really want to put solvents on rubber and assume they won't do any damage ? And...
Solvent-based dressings are usually extremely flammable . They are almost certainly worse for your health and the enviornment .
There is more to consider than just which product shines the most . But if you insist...
You could try Insane Shine by Meguiar's. If you don't like it, Meguiar's normally offers your money back .

Doug
November 28, 2008 12:51AM
Detailking's TNT is the shinnest dress I have foud to date!
November 28, 2008 07:51AM
Thanks for trying the TNT and recommending it!

~Nick
November 30, 2008 01:57AM
Doug your right solvents are not the best thing to apply to rubber but you would have to dress the tires every day of the year for years for it actually to do any surface damage. Most tires last about 24K - 36K miles before needing replaced due to wear. If a car was washed weekly and tires dressed after each wash the amount of solvents used over the use of 24K miles should not damage the rubber. There are many water based dressings today that shine well and do not splatter and are environmentally safe to use. I agree that water based dressings are also better for the environment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 01:58AM by NickV.
April 21, 2009 04:40PM
I use Pacific Blue Tire and Vinyl Dressing by P & S and love it. It brings a fantastic shine to even the oldest tires BUT has a very high silicone content making it a major magnet to dust and debris even without driving on a gravel road. I am very careful about which vehicles I use it on. I am yet to notice, however, any damage or extra sunwear on the sidewalls of vehicles of which I have used it multiple times including my own. So in brief summary High Shine (Good) Trusted name (Good) Does not damage tires (Good) SUPER High silicone content (Not so good) and major magnet to about anything on the road (Bad)
May 07, 2009 03:43AM
KustomKlean7-

I doubt that silicone attracts or holds dirt. Adam's Polishes VRT contains silicone and the company claims it will not collect dust. Post if you have hard info on silicone collecting dust and dirt.

My guess is that some products set up a static electricity charge that acts as a dust magnet. I tried out a dressing from Kiwi that contained Endust but was not wowed overall...
Here's a link to an article on dressings from NAPDR : [www.carwash.com]
Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 04:31PM by Doug Delmont.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login