Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WATERLESS WASH

Posted by buda 
WATERLESS WASH
June 13, 2009 05:01PM
How many detailers are using Waterless Wash to clean cars because they do not have access to water; do not want to haul their own water or who do not have water containment systems?

Is this an alternative for you? Why or Why Not?

Regards
Re: WATERLESS WASH
September 06, 2009 11:57PM
I use a waterless wash that I purchased online from Auto Complete Care, but I did not like it. It was not cost effective and left streak marks when used it in the direct sunlight. It was a water based spray, and was more of a quick detailer than an actual waterless wash.

I would like to try a thicker blend of waterless car wash such as poorboy's but have not yet found a cost effective and quality waterless wash that can stand up to dirty vehicles

Using a waterless wash has many advantages:
1) You can go to business lots, parking lots, garages and other workplaces and detail a car right there instead of limiting yourself to only places where you can find a spigot.
2) It is faster to use a waterless car wash because you are drying the vehicle as you clean it and you do not need to worry about water spots or soap drying before rinsing.
3) You can use it in the direct sunlight.
4) And you can say you are aware of the environment, and promote your detail business as "green"

Let me know if you find any waterless wash that works for you.

Hope this was helpful

J&B Detailing
[www.jbdetailing.com]
Columbia, SC 29201
September 07, 2009 12:56AM
WATERLESS WASH 'n SHINE is more of a lotion than a watery product. When we developed it our intent was to have a product that could pickup the dirt in conjunction with a microfiber towel and not allow the dirt to scratch the finish.

It does not do well when applied on a hot finish in direct sun, better to apply it to a cool finish and not in the sun.

One of the reasons our product works well is that we highly recommend it be applied with a paint spray gun because that atomizes the product, saving a great deal of product, and allows you to lay it on evenly. You can put it on lightly on the horizontal surfaces of the car and heavier on the dirtier rocker panel areas.

We can provide you a small air compressor and dual coiled hose and spray gun for about $225.00

At $19.95 a gallon (now on special for $16.95) it is very cost effective.

We just returned from the Middle East where we trained 30 people in the art of waterless washing and express detailing in a pilot location, one of 100 that will eventually add both waterless washing and express detailing.

The results were simply excellent and received well by the customer, their staff and the customers.

Regards
September 13, 2009 02:32PM
Hey Bud, do you send out samples.
September 13, 2009 02:53PM
Yes we do if the customer covers the cost of the freight, we send the sample at no charge.

Let me know, buda@detailplus.com

Regards
November 14, 2009 06:54PM
jbdetailing's post is only half true. I also use Auto Complete Care's products and I think they are the best on the market. jb probably didn't get the right product for the job. They offer a waterless wash that doesn't contain any type of wax. That is a quick detailer as he stated. However, they also offer other waterless products that contain wax which are awesome. They also offer a product that is called Max Effect which is similar to a butter wax but is sprayable. The product I like the most is Fast & Furious which is an easy on, easy off product. It also contains a carnauba wax. Anyway, you should avoid detailing in the sun in the first place. It doesn't matter what product is used, detailing in the sun will greatly affect the performance of any product. I realize as a mobile detailer you sometimes don't have the option of staying out of the sun, but I have never had a problem with streaking using Auto Complete Care's Fast & Furious product. I would also venture to say they would send you a sample if you ask them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login