Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

JOIN the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION

Posted by marnie 
JOIN the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION
July 11, 2009 02:26PM
It has been awhile since I last posted, but again, if you are an existing detailer; thinking about starting a business; a distributor or manufacturer of equipment, chemicals, supplies or any related cosmetic car care system you ought to consider joing the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION.

This is a group of committed operators, distributors and industry suppliers who are committed to professionalizing the detail industry; growing the detail industry and at the same time, growing their own businesses.

They are committed individuals and companies who are willing to share and help each other and anyone intersted in being a part of the detail industry.

You can check the IDA out at www.the-ida.com or email info@the-ida.com

Regards
Re: JOIN the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION
July 11, 2009 06:30PM
Marnie-
It would be nice if you would always state your position in that organization you so often advertise. I also think this sort of repetitive plugging detracts from the forum's appeal.
Doug

" Deja Moo : The feeling that you have heard the same bull before ".
July 11, 2009 08:24PM
Mr Delmont:

Thank you for advising me to state my position with the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION. However, my position is really not the important thing, the key is that detailers know there is a growing organization out there to assist them to improve their business or help those who want to start a detail business some objective help from other operators and dedicated suppliers.

However, since you inquired I will advise you, and anyone else that cares to know that I am the executive assistant to the Executive Director of the IDA.

As far as my repetitive posts about the IDA, interesting you would say that YOU think it detracts from the forums appeal. Why? Because it does not allow you to make a post about the IDA, of which you know nothing about since you are not a member?

Why not leave that decision to the webmaster? They are in charge of what is and what is not posted on Web-Cars. Or, leave it to those who post here, as to whether it detracts.

The point is, that the IDA is a positive force in the industry and there are few ways to reach detailers or want-to-be detailers to let them know of this organization that can help them, and will help them. The detail forums are one of the few ways.

A periodic post now and then to remind the regulars here that there is an association for them and to let new participants know about the IDA certainly, in my mind, is not detracting in the list to the appeal of the forum.

Personally I think your domination of the forum is far more detracting. You comment on every single post and when no one posts you create posts as though this forum belongs to you.

I would suggest that you stop posting for awhile and see what happens on this post. You might find that more people would participate if they believed this was not Doug Delmont's Detail Forum.

Marnie Joseph
Executive Secretary to the IDA -Director
marnie@the-ida.com
www.the-ida.com
July 12, 2009 04:58PM
Marnie-
You have a point about my dominating the forum but consider this :

1) During times I stepped aside, no one filled the void.

2) I could name several members who left due to differences with Bud, not me.

3) I have repeatedly invited others to participate, including detailers I meet in person.
4) I do not and cannot monopolize the forum. Anyone can post regardless of how often I post.
5) I provide solid info and prompt answers to questions. By contrast, you often answer a question by suggesting that the member join your organization to seek the answer. Bud often suggests they take the car to a pro. People want simple answers, not to be told they are not competent or to be sold a membership.
Doug
July 14, 2009 02:06AM
?

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:08PM by MartinHernandez.
July 14, 2009 09:27PM
Mr Hernandez:

Your posting speaks volumes about you as an individual..and before you engage in insults and name calling you must be above reproach. A search on this forum reveals that your only contribution has been to brag about your car washing and waxing capabilities. I am afraid in the real world of detailing these skills are not sufficient to qualify you as a professional detailer.

By the way "No wonder they can't get none of their projects off the ground." is poor grammar. It would have been correct to say they "can't get any"

Double negatives is not considered proper or standard in English
July 15, 2009 05:08AM
?

Martin Hernandez

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:08PM by MartinHernandez.
July 15, 2009 03:57PM
Truth, like milk, arrives in the dark
But even so, wise dogs don't bark.
Only mongrels make it hard
For the milkman to come up the yard.
~Christopher Morley, Dogs Don't Bark at the Milkman
July 15, 2009 11:11PM
?

Martin Hernandez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:08PM by MartinHernandez.
July 16, 2009 05:42AM
With all due respect Mr Hernandez, "what are your questions?"

Reviewing the posts above I find there are no questions only criticisms.

If you have specific questions regarding the IDA please, by all means ask them here or directly to the info@the-ida.com and we will make every attempt to answer them directly and transparently.
July 16, 2009 11:38AM
Auto Detailing: Secrets of the Experts : WebCars! Message Board Discussion forum for automobile detailers, amateur and professional. This includes amateurs like doug who admits he is a novice and others who are glorified carwashers pretending to be law obeying detailers....nice to see you again gina eye rolling smiley
July 16, 2009 10:02PM
ProMobile:

How are you...? You are correct the forum is open to amateurs and professionals alike and all input should be welcome.

I think many people do not appreciate the fact that Doug is trying to stimulate discussion on a dying forum...he is not trying to be an expert and he knows very well that he is not an expert and so do most of us. It is our responsibility to take the information Doug provides at face value or continue the discussion in a civil manner.

Mr. Hernandez seems to have built a successful business washing cars and I am not sure he is able to distinguish the difference between what he does and what a professional detailer does. His behavior and conduct lacks professionalism and in many ways is extremely lacking in civility. His input into these discussions is to call people cockroaches and idiots. I am beginning to think his inappropriate responses here might be due to a lack of English and limited vocabulary......but is certainly no excuse for operating a business and discharging water in the streets or on the ground (as observed in his online gallery "water on ground") Mr Hernandez is either unaware of EPA regulations that require him to reclaim his water or he simply chooses to ignore the law and its implications and conduct his business in an unprofessional manner.

I also do not know what if any contribution he has made to the detailing industry that he is so critical of others...

Perhaps he might enlighten us or regale us with some more of his bragging.
July 20, 2009 11:31PM
Concoursgarage,doing very well thx for asking .Biz is very brisk as you might be able to tell as it took me a few days to respond ;-) Will send you a email with a couple of pics of a clients car you may like that has been turning heads in the usa this year.
July 21, 2009 03:06PM
?

Martin Hernandez

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:09PM by MartinHernandez.
July 22, 2009 04:12PM
Boasting is evidence that we are quite pleased with SELF.

Belittling is evidence that we are disappointed with SELF.

Either way, we reveal that we have a very high opinion of ourselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login