Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Protect windshields from bugs

Posted by Andyhandy 
Protect windshields from bugs
May 13, 2010 03:58AM
Is there a way to protect windshields from bugs. Can a windshield be waxed?
Re: Protect windshields from bugs
May 13, 2010 01:18PM
You can wax a windshield,but the problem is the windshield spray for the wipers
will breakdown the what ever you apply on it.It can cause loss of vision by solvents in the spray smearing the wax or whatever. I would not do it myself.
May 14, 2010 02:52AM
yes u can wax it up abit should work.

Car Detailing Charlotte
704-464-0163
[www.cardetailingcharlotte.com]
Charlotte, NC 28246

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 03:46AM by Charlotte.
June 11, 2010 01:51AM
AndyHandy-
There are products made for treating windshields. Rain-X is the best known. Rain-X brand windshield washer contains a little windshield treatment too.

I read something by a guy who used Meguiar's #26 Yellow Wax on windshields. I would suggest experimenting. I'm betting that Zaino's Clear Seal Z-CS will work best for this...
Doug
June 11, 2010 05:31AM
Problem with wax on the windshield is that it can smear the when it rains making it near impossible to see out.

The car wash industry had a problem with this years back when they used "carnuaba hot wax."

There was even a few lawsuits where people got into accidents because they could not see out of their windshields and their attornies figure out they could sue the car wash operation where the customer had the car washed.

Do not put wax on the windshield in my opinion.

As Doug says you can use Rainx; Aquapel or other such windshield treatments.

Bud abraham
June 27, 2010 01:16AM
Gulp ! Bud, I had no idea that waxing the windshield could be a safety hazard. Thanks for that vital info.
Doug
June 27, 2010 02:20AM
Yes Doug if you are doing work for the public it is adviseable to insure the windshield is perfectly clean
June 28, 2010 01:55AM
Most of the regulars here are aware that you lack a true sense of humor or how to say anything without being sarcastic.

However, sometimes, you just go over the edge, like in this one.

Know one really knows if you have any creditionals for what you offer as advice, and for sometime, you have refused to present any.

There, an old song comes to mind, "Bring on the Clowns".
June 28, 2010 02:55AM
Grumpy :

I was not being sarcastic. I was sincerely thanking Bud for the info on the hot wax at the car washes. Sorry if it sounded mean...
June 28, 2010 04:30AM
Gosh Doug, I thought Ketch was referring to me being saracastic and not knowledgeable.

I did not think you were being saracastic. As for your credentials I think you have already numerous times indicated who you are and what you do for me to be satisfied that you are a good with a mind; who experiments in the field of auto detailing and do not operate a detail business, per se.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login