Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

any headliner cleaning tips??

Posted by kkdolfnz 
any headliner cleaning tips??
September 03, 2010 12:04AM
Hi everyone,

I had such a great response to my carpet cleaning question I thought Id try this one. Thank you all that responded smiling smiley

What are some good cleaning tips for the headliner? I know you shouldnt get them too wet or it could leave water marks. Ive tried a carpet and upholstery foam but I dont really think it does that great of a job, especially on a headliner with a lot of spots and stains. Again any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated
Re: any headliner cleaning tips??
September 03, 2010 01:34AM
I use a spot remover made by a/c delco that works very well for me all over the fabric in a car, it is my favorite way to clean headliners too. Oftentimes I can spray it on the stain and just vacuum it out.
September 03, 2010 02:41AM
kkdolfnz: I would not suggest you spray anything on a headliner especially a stain remover with solvents... it is a quick way to delaminate the fabric from the board and then you will have a huge problem on your hands. spray the solvent in a towel and spot or tap very delicately changing the area of the towel to continually draw out the stain to the towel. If you have an excellent extractor with a low moisture tool you can extract the area.. but again caution not sure what kind of machine you have
September 03, 2010 02:59AM
I guess I have been pretty lucky then, For two years I have used this product on headliners and have never ruined one. Im not saying you should run down and buy everything I use or do it ho I do. This is just how I do it.
September 03, 2010 10:31AM
A steam cleaner works great if you have one, if not ginas advise is best
September 03, 2010 02:14PM
I just gently rub with a spray foam.
September 03, 2010 05:19PM
Your headliner glue will hold for so long, and the fabric will drop. Now, you can
mix dish soap (Dawn) with water. Use the foam and a nylon brush, and scrub the
dirty spots. Use a wet vac to remove the dirt and moisture.
September 04, 2010 12:08AM
Do you have the name and or part number for the AC Delco Spot Remover? Thank you,
September 04, 2010 12:56AM
88861404 is the part number for the a/c delco stain remover I was referring to, Bud was going to get his hands on some and give us his evaluation of the product as well, let me be clear here, I dont saturate the headliner with this product, I merely mist it on any stubborn stain that wont come away with water and then wipe it away. Again I dont soak the headliner spot with this product, only a mist on the surface. I have not had any complaints of headliner glue failure, ever. I hope this information is helpfull to you, it works well for me. Sharing information among ourselves is what this is all about right, Gina? (lol) By the way Bud, did you ever find some time to try this product out for yourself? Your thoughts?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login