Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Insults, and opinions, but nothing else

Posted by billd55 
Insults, and opinions, but nothing else
September 08, 2010 07:31PM
Alot of you detailers should check your egos, and open up your minds. Maybe, there
might be something you could learn that is out of your comfort zone. Randy,
am suppose to be impressed by a stupid comment like this: Buffer Bill reading your BS is like watching a dog chase a car, even if he catches it he does not know how to drive it.<br>

Once again, I ask you professionals to show me exactly what I have said that is BS.
You cannot, so all can offer is your insults.
Re: Insults, and opinions, but nothing else
September 08, 2010 10:42PM
Bill you need to step back and re read your posts.... Your arrogance is only exceeded by your rudeness and you are getting to be a huge turn off and a pain to many people here. That said we also do not need to insult you..and if I have ..I offer an apology.

What is bothersome about you is that you fail to respect or recognize that We are not deaf or blind and have heard your shouts about AT5. We know you are passionate about this stuff but What we do not agree with is your claim that waxes cause swirl marks. We disagree with your hypothesis as the claim is without merit, and even worse outrageous> You have not provided any scientific data or written a technical paper that support these arguments, or have been peer reviewed. Absent scientific data your claims are going to be taken with ridicule as it defies logic

So my suggestion is for you to work on some ways of respectfully communicating with the group so we can better understand you. Also I suggest to others that we should be more respectful when dealing with each other
September 09, 2010 02:40AM
Gina

Let me ask you this. Do I make nasty remarks like the one Randy just made? No.
Bud, yourself,and many others here have been nothing but disrespectful to me.
You have not given any proof that what I am saying is wrong or outrageous either ,except your opinions.<br>

Clearly you have no desire to listen to any thing I have said. I have presented
nothing but evidence that I am right, and what makes me mad is that none of you
have the balls to try the product. That is fine, but I do not appreciate the rude
comments that are made every time I respond to a post. <br>

I clearly understand you do not agree with what I say, but others may want to hear what my advise is.No one here has presented any evidence that I am wrong, but your own opinions. <br>

Maybe the group should be more respectful. You and several others here are not
the guardians of truth here,and what you think is absolute fact. I am sorry that
what I say bothers you, but this is a forum.You do not have to agree with what
I say,but keep your opinions to yourself.I have never once made a comment
like Randy"s when you make a post, or any one else.
September 09, 2010 11:03AM
Quote from bill...

what makes me mad is that none of you have the balls to try the product.
Hmm gina still hasn,t answered my post about if she uses dawn for her hair colour and now this no balls thing??? ;-)
September 09, 2010 11:34AM
Quote from Doug
Hmm gina still hasn,t answered my post about if she uses dawn for her hair colour and now this no balls thing??? ;-)
This statement is what passes for logic and advice on this forum.
September 09, 2010 01:32PM
Pro Mobile.. I have tried it once and it did strip off the color I wanted to get rid off... but had to put a lot of conditioner to make my hair silky again... It is one of those tips recommended in womens magazines

I also use it as recommended by Zaino... when I am applying their sealant.. I think I should follow manufacturer suggested recommendation. I use it to strip oil, tar residue and have never had a problem... I am lucky to have the same customers for a long time and see these vehicles year after year without any damage.

I use it to wash my fine Limoge china and Lalique crystals which is porous and have never seen any damage

I tried AT5 many years ago... but in high humidity the darn thing stuck to the vehicle and would not come off easily.. so did not continue since I found a product I liked better

I dare say it is a lot safer than the soaps being used in touchless car washes... cars that use them regularly seem to be chalky white and dull.
September 09, 2010 01:57PM
Gina

Thank you for making such an articulate and meaningful post to our friend Bill.

You are clearly stated the position of most professional detailers, like yourself, and suppliers like myself in regard to his posts.

Personally I have been involved in the formulation of chemicals in the detail industry for more than 25 years. While not a chemist, I have taken the time to research and talk with respected detail chemical chemists and have participated with these same chemists on seminar panels about waxes, sealants, etc.

As all the chemists agree, there is NO MAGIC with detail chemical formulations, they are nothing but basic chemistry, a combination of ingredients to achieve a result.

Sealants are one of many products and basically involve the same ingredients, however each chemist can adjust the basic ingredients to achieve a different result, for example:

Ease of application
Ease of removal
Reflective shine
Depth of shine
Resistence to shampoos
Durablity

As all the chemists agree, you can get no one product to do be "all things." If you enhance one you take away from another.

For example, a product that is more shiny will typically not be as durable.

Like you, I have used AT5 more than 20 years ago when we used to purchase the GEM orbital, but found it to be no better or worse than other products and too expensive.

Bill initiallly I did not know you were talking about the GEM sealant, I thought it was another product that is why I was not familiar with it.

Bill is like so many detailers who think they know more than a chemist whose education and job is to formulate these products. If he/they wish to think that, it is their choice.

For me, I respect the opinion of people who make a living formulating, testing and marketing these products.

Regards
Bud Abraham
September 09, 2010 01:57PM
Gina

You are clearly stated the position of most professional detailers, like yourself, and suppliers like myself in regard to his posts.

Personally I have been involved in the formulation of chemicals in the detail industry for more than 25 years. While not a chemist, I have taken the time to research and talk with respected detail chemical chemists and have participated with these same chemists on seminar panels about waxes, sealants, etc.

As all the chemists agree, there is NO MAGIC with detail chemical formulations, they are nothing but basic chemistry, a combination of ingredients to achieve a result.

Sealants are one of many products and basically involve the same ingredients, however each chemist can adjust the basic ingredients to achieve a different result, for example:

Ease of application
Ease of removal
Reflective shine
Depth of shine
Resistence to shampoos
Durablity

As all the chemists agree, you can get no one product to do be "all things." If you enhance one you take away from another.

For example, a product that is more shiny will typically not be as durable.

Like you, I have used AT5 more than 20 years ago when we used to purchase the GEM orbital, but found it to be no better or worse than other products and too expensive.

Bill initiallly I did not know you were talking about the GEM sealant, I thought it was another product that is why I was not familiar with it.

Bill is like so many detailers who think they know more than a chemist whose education and job is to formulate these products. If he/they wish to think that, it is their choice.

For me, I respect the opinion of people who make a living formulating, testing and marketing these products.

Regards
Bud Abraham
September 09, 2010 02:18PM
Thx gina for the response although you know i was kidding but i know you can smile once in a while like me lol

I actually use dawn to remove aluminum and chrome polish residue on my pads, tanks,wheels,stacks etc. Beats using a million rags thats for sure
September 09, 2010 03:16PM
I have been waiting for some to realize that the product is the old Gem product.

Didn't want to upset the man who thinks it is something new and the best thing since slice bread.

It is not a bad product, but as you know, was formulated to be used with their heavy old metal orbital.

Using one of those things with a clean pad, almost any product will "fill".

LOL! The hits just keep a coming, too bad some are as old as us, being recycled.

Ketch
September 09, 2010 08:40PM
Bud and Gina
You are full of it. Suddenly, you realized it was made by Gem, and now you have
tried it 20 years ago. Ya right.Bud, get off your high horse and stop being the
idiot you really are. Is what Gina says is your security blanket? Whatever she says is your pearl of wisdom and the source of all knowledge. You two really have some big egos.Is it possible to make a point without Gina's assistance.

Gina, if you did use AT-5.Which I do not believe you have. Maybe you should read the directions and you would have had a better result.<br>

Grumpy,when did I say this was a new product? You are a real trip. Yes the polisher was heavy,but it is not required. I have applied it by hand, and it works very well.How long has wax been around? I would guess much longer than At-5.They just keep recycling that, and the suckers keep buying the World's Best Wax for $33.00 an ounce. The hits just keep a coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 08:43PM by billd55.
September 09, 2010 10:01PM
You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it.
September 10, 2010 06:16PM
Gina, now that is funny, true, but funny!
September 11, 2010 01:39PM
Stated another way it might go like this:

"If he had another brain, it would be quite loney."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login