Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

compound cloudiness -amateur detailer...

Posted by brianwillson 
compound cloudiness -amateur detailer...
November 07, 2010 10:01PM
Hey Folks had some serious bird droppings and sap sit on my Passat roof. Tried a bug and tar remover - didn't touch it,s ems to be in the paint at this point. Next tried red coumpound which with some serious scrubbing starts to get it off, but now the paint is cloudy - what did I do wrong and what should I do know?

Is there a better way to get these stains off?

thanks so much - frustrated...

Brian
Re: compound cloudiness -amateur detailer...
November 08, 2010 12:45AM
Its tough to say without seeing it but I would suggest a mild compound to bring back the shine. Work patiently and you should be rewarded provided the clear coat is not damaged beyond repair. I am not the most qualified in this department, ther are others here that are truely exceptional at paint correction and polishing. Dont forget to wax or prefferably use sealant on the car as per instructions afterwards.
November 23, 2010 07:13PM
be careful when using agressive chemicals. Alot of time since you paint/clearcoat is dehydrated (for loss of better words) any chemical you introduce to it will absorbs like a sponge, especially if you used a bug and tar remover previvously. Next time try using a true cut water based polish.

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com
www.Autodetailingwarehouse.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
November 24, 2010 04:40AM
Ruben

Are you saying that paint is so porous that it absorbs compound, polish, wax or sealant when applied to it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login