Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DOES ANYONE REALLY UNDERSTAND THE NATURE of DETAILING CHEMICALS?

Posted by buda 
DOES ANYONE REALLY UNDERSTAND THE NATURE of DETAILING CHEMICALS?
March 19, 2011 07:52AM
On every detail forum there are huge discussions of detail chemicals, more on compounds, polishes, swirl removers, glazes, waxes and sealants than carpet shampoos; upholstery cleaners, engine degreasers, wheel cleaners; glass cleaners; car wash shampoos; fragrances, biological odor eliminators, etc.

Occasionally a discussion will get as heated over rubber, vinyl dressings as they do with compounds, polishes and waxes, but those catagories are always the most discussed.

That said, does anyone really understand the nature of detailing chemicals?

For that matter who knows the difference between companies like:

+Meguiar's
+3M
+Turtle Wax

Or companies like:

+Auto Magic
+Car Brite
+Pro Products
+Ardex
+Granitize
+P&S Chemical Sales
+Production

Or companies like:

+Stoner
+Malco

Or companies like:

+SwissVax
+Zaino Brothers
+Zymol
+Collonite

Or companies like:

+Auto Geek
+Giroits Garage
+Detail King
+Top of the Line
+Paint Bull

The names of these companies are thrown around on the site as though they are the same and they are not.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: DOES ANYONE REALLY UNDERSTAND THE NATURE of DETAILING CHEMICALS?
March 25, 2011 01:23AM
G'day Bud

I certainly do know the difference between all these manufacturers
Many of them make garbage over and over again

3M's polishes are too oily/thick, contain dangerous ingredients
Meguiars is over rated

All those in the second group make basically the same stuff. no different
Swissvax - wank factor
Zaino - glorified and over rated PDMS resin products

Ardex and many others make teflon protectants
And Not one of these companies would I buy a product from

95% of what is on the market is absolute crap that is so 20th century and should be banned

the other 5% are evolutionary products that allow yours truly to produce fantastic results that I believe are only achievable by other true professionals and masters who I will learn from and share with
March 25, 2011 07:23PM
SVR 73

Have to disagree with you on every point you made. What you have given is nothing but personal opinion with no proof.

I have used all of the chemicals you criticize and find them to work fine, some are too high priced like 3M counds, Swiss wax and Zaino.

But Auto Magic, Car Brite, Pro and Meguiars make very good products.

How can you say bad things about companies with many years of success in the business?
March 27, 2011 09:57AM
success at selling products, not success at making great products
And because they keep making the same crap over and over again. Nothing revolutionary. They still make dressings, multi stage polishes which is now obsolete and a pile of other types of products which we just dont need anymore

They are not the standard of products I wish to use.
Sure they work okay but there is better available and easier to use

What they all make is alright but why settle for what is just alright or okay
We should be provided with much better than that and also, half of what they make is no longer needed
compounds, dressings, tyre shine, wax, polishes with cheap solvents and old technology abrasives, fillers,
March 27, 2011 10:38AM
Could you please indicate what makes all these products poor quality and what makes the products you use (which are?) so much more superior.

Could love to compare ingredients in your superior products with the interior products of the leading companies in the detail industry?

Facts is the key not opinion.
March 31, 2011 06:31AM
Hello Bud

Most polishes from these brands use kerosene, stoddard solvent naptha and other solvent and harsh lubricants that for 1000 litres of them are the same price as 166 litres of water based lubricants in the polish I use

3m uses crystalline silica, formaldehyde, cyclohexasiloxane and other stuff in some of their products (ultrafina is one)

companies use these because they are cheap and readily available. plus the abrasives used are inferior/old tech
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login