Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

32 hours and 4 days!

Posted by billd55 
32 hours and 4 days!
April 23, 2011 10:56PM
This is just crazy. Why should a car with just 4,500 miles look like this:

[truthindetailing.com]

Im sorry, but this is almost criminal IMO, and this damage was done at a body shop.
You would think if anyone knows how to buff correctly it would be a body shop.

Notice this statement:

After stripping off the heavy fillers on the surface, it was very evident that 2 steps wouldn't be sufficient on this hard Vette clear, especially in black.

This car was repaired, buffed, and waxed.Will this car look just as bad down the road after all this work. Who knows and who really cares.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 10:57PM by billd55.
Re: 32 hours and 4 days!
May 01, 2011 03:50PM
Bill :
The detailer did a beautiful job and you should be commending him. To answer your question, if the car is washed properly, it will retain its present condition for years. Why shouldn't we care BTW ?

If you are back on that superstitious kick about how you think wax or frequent waxing causes scratches, well, I said I was through correcting you...If it worries you so much, try Zaino Z-2 Pro, as it contains no wax. "Problem " solved.

But 32 hours ! At 60 bucks an hour, that comes to $1920.00 in charges to the customer. I'm wondering how much the detailer actually got paid for all that work.

Do you pros on here think there is a faster way to get the results this guy achieved ?
Doug
May 01, 2011 10:17PM
Doug
What you cannot understand is I am trying to protect someone's clear coat.
Clearly you and many others do not have a clue what that is, or do you really
care.

To you and MANY others it is all about shine and beading, and that is what you consider protection. Well trust me on this it is not by any means.

The reason I can see what protection truly is is because of AT-5.Since you have
never used it like I have since 1993 and seen the evidence with your own eyes
you and most everyone else truly have zero idea what this product can do.

You mention $ 1,920 in charges to correct this fuck up of this car, and wonder how much the detailer got paid, Why not consider the customer who had to pony up the money to get his car looking decent to drive. Sure , the car looks good,
but is it just cosmetic by fillers and glazes which will wear off as time goes on
and it will slowly look like crap again.

I can show you cars that have been started new with AT-5, and had one to two applications a year. They have never been polished , or corrected, and look like new.They are washed at a car wash and have zero marring or holograms.

Doug, look at that 06 Jeep example. The paint is toast. Sure when you apply fillers and glazes it looks good,but so does a woman with makeup. Although, when you take it off you see her real appearance.

If you are back on that superstitious kick about how you think wax or frequent waxing causes scratches.

Clearly, when you use superstitious kick to describe what I am saying then your are too closed minded, or have very little experience as a working detailer.
Basically, what qualifies you to offer advice. Being a member of a detailing association.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 10:19PM by billd55.
May 02, 2011 01:01AM
Bill:
I am not a member of a detailing association.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login