Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is this guy for real?

Posted by billd55 
Is this guy for real?
April 28, 2011 11:04PM
Remember this guy with the Jeep.Here is a comment from his post:Yesterday after a good dawn wash, Ironx and another dawn wash it appears that I have all of the glazes and fillers removed. Basically, all he does is slap glazes and fillers to cover the damage. What a joke.

[truthindetailing.com]

Check this video he posted about his business

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 03:20AM by billd55.
Re: Is this guy for real?
April 29, 2011 08:00AM
oh man that is hilarious. superb repair job there but geez whoever did it before them was a real hacker
April 29, 2011 03:00PM
Svr

You are right it is a funny video, but look at this detailer's personal SUV
that has been repainted once.His vehicle looks worse than the SUV in the video.
When you strip all the crap (fillers and glazes) off you can clearly the true
condition of the paint( buffer marks and scratches).

I am really confused by this statement:

superb repair job there but geez whoever did it before them was a real hacker

Is covering up defects with fillers and glazes really the answer.Wash the vehicle
with dawn and Iron X and the paint looks like a freak show mirror. Then repeat the procedure which makes the problem worse. Maybe this is the reason why he needed
to repaint the Jeep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 03:01PM by billd55.
May 01, 2011 03:28PM
billd :
You are wrongly criticizing this man. He said he removed glazes and fillers, not that he simply applied them to cover defects. He corrected the defects and it would be okay to use glaze / filler to cover any residual imperfections.

The guy appears to be a sincere detailer, who experiments with various products and processes.
May 01, 2011 11:42PM
Doug
This Jeep is a 2006 and has been totally repainted once. It is not even 5years
old,and this is his personal vehicle.

He corrected the defects and it would be okay to use glaze / filler to cover any residual imperfections.

No doubt that is his only option now.He has buffer marks and deep scratches that are beyond repair and fillers and glazes are needed to cover up his hack buffing skills. I have a 96 Jeep (white) that I never buffed and looks better than this SUV.
May 02, 2011 12:46AM
Bill:
First of all, you need to learn the difference between buffer swirls and cobwebbing...
Doug
May 02, 2011 12:54PM
Doug

What is your experience as a detailer? Have you ever done it as a profession?
I really do not need your lectures on polishing.

What I see here is a paint finish that is ruined by tooo much polishing. Clearly,
the fact that this Jeep has been totally repainted once since 2006 means little.
Now there may be a good reason why it was repainted, but for new paint to be in this condition shows this detailer needs training on polishing.

The fact you think this guy is a competent detailer makes me wonder about you.
I know you think I am here to push AT-5, but that is not true.

My wax theory was not something I dreamed up over night. After many years in this business doing cars on a daily basis it became clear.

After many years of using AT-5. I noticed the cars that I applied the AT-5 to
did not have swirl mark problems or fine scratches when the owners called me
back.This led me to my belief that when wax breaks down for many reasons it results in this problem.

Since many clear coats are very hard it seems strange how most people believe
improper washing methods are the only reason for this problem. Clearly that is not the case here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 02:43PM by billd55.
May 05, 2011 12:45AM
Bill-
I think you know darn well that polishing did not cause the damage but why help someone who can't tell one kind of damage from another and refuses to be educated ?
May 05, 2011 01:33PM
Doug
Those are buffer swirls from either compounding or polishing, and if you can not see that you are the one who refuses to be educated. Please stop making excuses
for this guy.It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login