Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is this the real reason?

Posted by billd55 
Is this the real reason?
April 29, 2011 02:01PM
Once again here is just another excuse for the same problem by a detailer that does correction.

The owner of this vehicle contacted me last winter about getting his new Porsche into the condition it should be. As you can see it had some significant wash induced marring and a few RIDS thanks to the dealers “hand washing”.

Gina and Ron say I make conclusions with no facts on what I think causes this problem over and over.The detailer makes this statement:

As you can see it had some significant wash induced marring and a few RIDS thanks to the dealers “hand washing”.

Who is making conclusions without facts? At least he used a product other than
wax when finished.

I am really sick of seeing the same worn out excuses for this problem. He states
it was a VERY hard clear coat, so hand washing is the only reason for this paint
to look like this.Of course, there is not a chance in the world that it could
be caused from something that was applied more than once, and now has harden
and smeared by the washing.

It would be an accurate statement to say "something was done to make it look this way" It would be inaccurate, false, misleading, overstretching to say "something was applied" The FACT is you simply do not have any first hand knowledge, evidence to suggest, or imply something was applied.

You are trying to support this theory of yours by constantly surmising that something (that something being wax) was applied to the paint to cause this... How about that something being applied was a dirty rag, harsh brush or some other unknown factor?

Quote from Gina

[truthindetailing.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 02:09PM by billd55.
Re: Is this the real reason?
May 01, 2011 03:36PM
Bill :
For the ( maybe ) last time...WAX DOES NOT SCRATCH THE PAINT !!!!!

You once again knock a serious detailer to elevate yourself.

The guy no doubt had information that the car was washed by hand by a dealer and the scratching is consistent with improper hand washing/drying.
May 01, 2011 11:15PM
Doug
I have never said that:.WAX DOES NOT SCRATCH THE PAINT !!!!!

Really, I am getting sick of you putting words in my mouth.
I am not knocking this detailer. Clearly, something had to be done, and he was not in any way the cause.

I am just trying to make a point that saying that it was caused by:significant wash induced marring and a few RIDS thanks to the dealers “hand washing” is not the
real reason.Something was applied to this car(wax or a sealant) and when it was washed this was the result.
May 02, 2011 12:55AM
Bill:
You know very well that I was attacking your silly claim that waxes DO scratch or else you can't read. Talk about putting words in someone's mouth !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login