Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Comments from a wax lover

Posted by billd55 
Comments from a wax lover
May 01, 2011 02:37AM
Keanyt12

Re: A response to your comment
What do you think removed all of those scratches in the threads you linked to? ......a rotary/DA, polishes and/or compounds. Yes, in the *wrong* hands these tools/products can cause issues vs. solving them. In my example, that is what I used as well. Prior to the application of the Wolfgang Fuzion (the hybrid I spoke of), my finish looked the way it did in the picture (properly corrected). The finished was wiped down with an IPA solution and the car re-washed with a cleaner to remove polishing oils. The car did not have a wax/sealant applied to prior to delivery (I bought the car new). Besides, "trapped contaminants" do not appear as "swirls", "scratches", etc.

What you see in my example is a truly corrected finish (what you see is what you get). ...there were no "buffer marks" in the paint being disguised by other products/oils/fillers when the LSP was applied so why would there be any currently? Washing, wipe downs and general maintenance are the cause of the *few* random isolated scratches I have which is why I do *light* correction every periodically (usually every 12 months depending how careful I was with maintenance that year).

Your examples are of finishes that have a multitude of scratches and blemishes (before and after application of your sealant). All you're doing is slapping the product on top. What is your point???? I *know* you didn't spend hours correcting the vehicles in your examples and it is very apparent. Those finishes look like they were maintained with poor techniques, products and/or tools. How does your product address this? ....it doesn't.

Personally, I couldn't live with a finish that appears as bad as those in your examples. That is why I continue with "LIGHT" correction when needed and re-apply an LSP. ....and I still would like to know how do coats of wax make it worse????? You're explanations of how you view these product to work make it apparent you are clueless.

btw, Optimum *does not* recommend a follow up with *any* other product on top of Opti-Coat. In fact, they recommend against it because the sealant does not hold other products well (they don't adhere). Opti-Coat is a permanent solution that does not require follow ups. You can still induce scratches however (as with any product on the market today) if you are careless with your regular maintenance (i.e. washing).

Anyhow, I'm done since the entertainment value has worn off now and I'm tired going in circles with someone who doesn't have the ability to listen to reason. Go spread your misinformation and be happy.
Sent to: acrylicsealantat5

Need I say anymore.

What do you think removed all of those scratches in the threads you linked to? ......a rotary/DA, polishes and/or compounds. Yes, in the *wrong* hands these tools/products can cause issues vs. solving them.

My question is what caused those buffer marks and swirls after the fillers and glazes were removed in the first place..a rotary/DA, polishes and/or compounds.Why was it used in the first place. To correct something.

Your examples are of finishes that have a multitude of scratches and blemishes (before and after application of your sealant). All you're doing is slapping the product on top. What is your point???? I *know* you didn't spend hours correcting the vehicles in your examples and it is very apparent. Those finishes look like they were maintained with poor techniques, products and/or tools. How does your product address this? ....it doesn't.

YES there are scratches, but I am not going to cover them up with make up.

All you're doing is slapping the product on top. What is your point????

It is very simple. I want to protect the clear coat, and applying another coat of
AT-5 maintains the protection, shine,and prevents more correction down the road. Is slapping more polishes, glazes, and wax to cover them up the answer. Constant
correction every year to restore shine and cover the flaws until it is so far gone that repainting is the only answer left.

I guess that I do not have have the ability to listen to reason. My customers
get it, and that is why they call me back.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 04:11AM by billd55.
Re: Comments from a wax lover
May 01, 2011 03:07PM
Well, we are obviously only hearing part of the discussion here. The other guy sounds correct and Bill, you are entitled to minimize paint removal and cover defects if you so choose.

So you point is...?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login