Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank God for this forum!

Posted by billd55 
Thank God for this forum!
May 03, 2011 12:12AM
On one of my videos I posted on U TUBE I got many nasty remarks. I found out it came from two forums. I felt I needed to confront these people by answering
their criticism. One would not let me join, but other I did.

[www.adamsforums.com]

I wonder why they removed this post? If I am so full of crap why not leave up to
show how wrong I am?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 11:55AM by billd55.
Re: Thank God for this forum!
May 03, 2011 01:09AM
I saw your video on autopia forum (when the damn site loads up properly) and yes I partially agree with what some people said - wax doesnt cause swirls, unless of course some moron applies it in circles on a slightly dirty surface or pad

But where I agree with you mate is about getting away from correcting every single time
it is not the only way to repair paintwork
May 03, 2011 01:21AM
Svr

yes I partially agree with what some people said - wax doesnt cause swirls

If you wash a car with Dawn it will strip wax. Swirls and fine scratches occur.

Any ways I appreciate your support. You are a man with a valid plan IMO to fix
paint.
May 03, 2011 09:38PM
Bill, people are afraid of other people who have strong beliefs - especially if they conflict with their own. You will find it is those who are weak in their convictions that feel the need to lash out and insult and attack.

You find it with religion, gender, politics, anywhere that insecure people can join in a clique or a gang or a party and attack the person who stands up to them or threatens their beliefs.

Hey, I don't agree with "everything" you say, partially because I don't understand some of what you are trying to communicate (no offense but the way you post some responses is confusing - especially when you quote others within it). But you are so grounded in your own belief that if any of those rude wackos were to actually stand alone beside you and have a normal conversation with you then they would probably agree with you.

Keep the faith ... and the paint!
May 05, 2011 12:31AM
Profile :
People get annoyed with Bill because :
1) He starts a million threads that say pretty much the same thing.

2) He relentlessly blames wax for swirls and scratches, which is so ridiculous that people...well...ridicule it.

3) He insults others freely and not always justly.

4) He ballyhoos his favorite product to the point that we suspect he has some financial interest in it ( suspected spamming ).

4) He denigrates competing products unfairly and inaccurately, including saying waxes damage paint.

5) He links us to a lot of worthless videos that prove nothing.

6) He quotes his critics out of context and misinterprets statements ( maybe on purpose ???)

He is not the martyr he pretends to be.
Doug
May 05, 2011 01:24PM
BUNK
May 05, 2011 08:40PM
Profile Detailer

I appreciate your response. It is fine if you do not agree with me, but at least you are respectful about it.

If someone does not understand what I am saying I will be more than happy to explain myself. I know Ron does not agree with me, but he is not like Bud,
Doug, and Pro-Techt. He gives his opinion on the matter, but he does not act like
a stalker to question every post I make with his opinion of what the forum thinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 08:51PM by billd55.
May 05, 2011 09:51PM
No problem.

Just about the whole surface damage thing, in my market here (not in USA) regular cars rarely, rarely get machine buffed. The most they get is the odd sealant applied at a car care centre or dealer. The rest of their life they go to car washes and get all that damage that you see in the paint-correction threads on other forums.

Washing is a serious cause of scratches, swirls, marring, etc. I see it all the time in my workshop and I polish the damage out. That is my main service actually. I don't really use compounds as I hate them. I prefer to use polishes with wool and foam pads. But its a very different environment here. Different weather, different temperatures, different driving conditions. So the damage is going to be different. Probably way more washing per car than in Florida.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login