Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Horrible NXT 2.0 Experience

Posted by billd55 
Horrible NXT 2.0 Experience
May 31, 2011 02:36PM
[www.meguiarsonline.com]

Note the remarks and pictures from this detailer on page 2

Innovative Detailing

Here is an example of a brand new Lexus RX350 I detailed yesterday that only had 300 miles on it and 2 weeks old. It had water spotting from the recent rains, so the customer attempted to correct this by hand himself. Keep in mind this guy is a Hot Rod collector and is very familiar with car care, so he thought...

So he washed, clayed with Mothers, used 3M compound cleaner by hand, 3M polish and wax also by hand, using new MF towels that had not been laundered.

Here is a couple photos of what I saw.....

This is what will happen when you use wax. It is just that plain and simple.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 02:52PM by billd55.
Re: Horrible NXT 2.0 Experience
July 01, 2011 05:42AM
I speak from [sounds of trumpets ] experience, and I can say that the posting being quoted is a hoax : NXT Tech Wax by Meguiar's does not contain abrasives capable of damaging paint. I tested it years ago. NXT is not near as durable as I'd like but it cannot harm paint.

Doug
Re: Horrible NXT 2.0 Experience
July 01, 2011 07:28PM
In both cases, the problem is that the owners scratched the paint trying to remove residue.

The first guy most likely applied the NXT too thickly or else there was still a residue on the paint that the sealant reacted with and it crystallised. The struggle with the removal most likely caused the marring.

Bill, the Lexus... Lexus owners don't have a chance. The paint is ultra soft that even buffing off wax residue with the softest MF will leave swirls and lines. My only saving grace is that you can apply crystal diamond glaze nicely with DA and soft pad. It pretty much buffs itself away in the process.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login