Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

: DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option

Posted by billd55 
: DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option
June 03, 2011 05:08PM
Cars with perfectly good paint are machine buffed by a detailer using or rather mis-using a rotary buffer. It's completely possible in the eyes of the detailer that the results they are producing look great! That would be because the product
they're using is masking or concealing the swirls they are instilling as they are buffing.

The unsuspecting owner is happy to pick up their bright, shiny car but then after washing the car a few times, the wax or polish begins to wear off and the unsightly swirls show up. I call paint in the condition you see in the before pictures in this thread... horrendous.

The owner is usually distraught and heartbroken at the sight of the horrendous looking paint on their car and at a loss as to how to undo the damage and restore a showroom new finish.

Quote from this post:
[meguiarsonline.com]

I am posting this for one reason. This comment by Pro-Techt:

Quote:
buffer bill
The key to the protection IMO is to reapply the sealant every year.By doing this you avoid correcting the clear for defects, and stripping the finish of waxes, fillers ,and glazes.

Get this concept out of your head Bill. Nothing could be further from the truth and your own videos prove it.. You could apply AT-5 every month and you’d still get surface scratching from the wash process. Especially on the cars you personally maintain as it’s obvious from how covered in swirls they are in your videos. It really shows that you don’t have any clue how to wash cars without damaging them.

Now listen PLEASE! AT-5 bonds to the clear coat and establishes a barrier just
like Opti-Coat does. Opti-Coat will show marring and wear from washing just like AT-5 will.

Opti-Coat reviews say this:

Poli-Seal is absolutely perfect for restoring the slickness to the finish of an Opti-Coat application. As you now know an Opti-Coat application lacks slickness that other sealants/waxes (BFWD/Opti-Seal etc) leave, which most of us desire. I now usually wait three or four days, when I can, and polish the Opti-Coat cured surface with Poli-Seal and then finish off with Optimum Car Wax. Finally I instruct the client to wipe down with OCW after every wash or second wash.

Well, by doing this you are not solving the problem. You are applying wax on top of the Opti-coat,and the Opti-Coat is protecting the the clear coat. Although,
the wax on top will lead right back to correction.

AT-5 does not have that problem because each new coat establishes the shine,and the protection without correction. There is no need to remove all the waxes,
fillers,and glazes by washing or using a IPA solution.Washing and claying only removes the stuff that washing did not remove.

Where are all these swirls you all see in my videos? Please go back and look at the Jeep and Tahoe videos I posted. They are 07 models, and do they look like this mustang that is brand new?

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

I have been using this product since the early eighties, but I find it very interesting how many detailers can make comments like this:

The video of the pearl red Lexus tells us the same thing UNTIL near the end when you quickly catch a full sun shot of the trunk. And them POW….swirls galore!!! That car is a mess. I can’t see how you consider yourself a professional and claim these cars are perfect and they’re the exact opposite? What’s even more insulting to your credibility is that they have low miles, are garage kept and have 6-8 coats of your miracle sealant on them! Misrepresentation at its finest!

For someone who has never used this product, he sure knows a lot about it. What
does how many miles have to do with anything? This mustang is brand new, and look at it.

When did I ever use the word perfect in my videos when describing these cars?
From day one car paint changes, but to describe these vehicles as opposite of perfect shows who has the creditability here.

What pictures or videos have any of my critics posted here to show any evidence they are professionals besides typing on a keyboard? Opinions are like Aholes,
and everyone here seems to have one.

Many say they have a open mind about detailing,but at the same time express
opinions with no first hand knowledge. I have many years of working with this product, but it is dismissed because they are not a where of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2011 01:06PM by billd55.
Re: : DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option
June 04, 2011 01:03PM
One other thing:

Opti-Coat cannot be layered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyon@sbcglobal.net View Post
Hi everybody! First time post and need help/suggestion.

I just finished a 3 step polish and Opti Coat 2.0 over the weekend.

When I first tried to apply the Opti Coat, the pad was VERY dry and it kept flipping out of my hand. I don't think I applied enough product to the first few panels. (Total car took about 3 cc's-didn't do wheels or windows).

I know you can't layer OC 2.0, but is it o.k. for me to re-apply to those panels?

Thanks!!!!

Johnny
Check for beading then apply to places where you have none. If you want to reapply to a place that beads, do a light polish first.

ShareThis
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks! Will check for beading.

Another question, what will happen if I do layer? (Aside from waste of product).

Johnny

ShareThis
Old 05-31-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyon@sbcglobal.net View Post
Thanks! Will check for beading.

Another question, what will happen if I do layer? (Aside from waste of product).

Johnny
It won't bond, it will look hazy and it is very hard to remove because it hardens pretty fast.
June 05, 2011 02:04AM
buffer bill the dreamer
like Opti-Coat does.
WRONG! Not in you’re wildest dreams.

buffer bill the contradictor
Opti-Coat will show marring and wear from washing just like AT-5 will.

You just contradicted yourself. You’re claimed that AT-5 will prevent marring and have been proved wrong in your videos. You’re loosing it Bill….

buffer bill the back peddler
When did I ever use the word perfect in my videos when describing these cars?

Nice backpeddling Bill.

buffer bill the shot caller
What pictures or videos have any of my critics posted here to show any evidence they are professionals besides typing on a keyboard?

Feel free to visit me in SE Florida. I’d love to show you what real detailing is and what a swirl free finish is all about. Just make sure you're up to date on your Meds.

buffer bill the spewer of misinformation
Opti-Coat cannot be layered.
WRONG!
Even though Opti-Coat doesn't need to be layered, It can be as long as the existing coating is “scuffed” with a polish with minor abrasives.
June 05, 2011 03:28AM
Pro-Techt

I am done with this. You continue to make statements about AT-5 like this:

like Opti-Coat does.

WRONG! Not in you’re wildest dreams.

You have zero basis to make that statement.You are not a chemist, nor have you tried the product? It is just what you think!Nothing more.

Then you say this:
WRONG!
Even though Opti-Coat doesn't need to be layered, It can be as long as the existing coating is “scuffed” with a polish with minor abrasives.

Once again, this guy works for the company and says this:

Johnny
It won't bond, it will look hazy and it is very hard to remove because it hardens pretty fast.

Also, I am really sick of your insults and your over the top ego. When you make statements like this:

Feel free to visit me in SE Florida. I’d love to show you what real detailing is and what a swirl free finish is all about. Just make sure you're up to date on your Meds.

There is just no answer to your questions. What ever I say you are right and I am
wrong. You ask me this question:

Bill, I’ve asked you this multiple times and each time you avoid my question……What products have you used to make any judgement comparatively?

You have never used AT-5, but somehow that does matter in your case.Why is that?

Here is a perfect example:

I’m pretty clear what AT-5 is all about. It’s nothing more than a basic paint sealant. Nothing special. What matters is that you lie about how it stops swirls from occurring which in fact it doesn’t.

This why I am done with this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 03:45AM by billd55.
Bill's Nonsense
June 05, 2011 03:49AM
bill the wannabe chemist
You have zero basis to make that statement.You are not a chemist, nor have you tried the product? It is just what you think!Nothing more. You have zero basis to make that statement.You are not a chemist, nor have you tried the product? It is just what you think!Nothing more.

Likewise. But what makes you different than me is you have ZERO credibility. You do nothing but glorify your miracle sealant and you’re unable to add anything knowledgeable to detailing. You’ve been banned from just about every detail forum, yet you keep creating new threads here out of spite for your apparent bitterness. I really think you have an imbalance in your judgment. Stop wasting your golden years of detailing trying to argue with everyone about how great your sealant is.

bill the fabricator of imagination
Once again, this guy works for the company and says this:

Johnny

You’ve yet again taken another discussion out of context. Feel free to send another asinine e-mail to Dr. David Ghodoussi (the owner of Optimum and inventor of Opti-Coat) and confirm my statement. I’ll bet you ANY amount of money that I’m right.

bill the quitter
I am done with this.

bill the quitter
There is just no answer to your questions.

bill the quitter
This why I am done with this.

It’s about time. Now stop making ridiculous threads about how everyone is wrong except you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 03:57AM by Pro-Techt.
June 05, 2011 04:11AM
I’ll bet you ANY amount of money that I’m right.

Of course you are!

Stop wasting your golden years of detailing trying to argue with everyone about how great your sealant is.

That is what I am doing with you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 04:14AM by billd55.
June 05, 2011 04:13AM
^^^^That's the smartest, most well thought out reply you've posted on this site yet!!!
December 17, 2011 02:30PM
Dealer Installed Swirl Option (DISO)

This is the exact option that Bill's buddy Moonlight's vehicle was equipped with by the dealer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login