Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

the dirt...

Posted by bobm 
the dirt...
June 18, 2011 02:03AM
Do you charge extra for very very dirty cars or just explain to the customer that it will never come clean again and charge standard?
Re: the dirt...
June 18, 2011 02:40PM
I charge extra because dirty cars take more time plain and simple.If my custoners
have a problem with that they can use another detailer.
June 18, 2011 02:47PM
We charge extra for dirty cars... and all cars can come clean again!
June 18, 2011 07:54PM
They can be clean, but still have permanent stains unless you have Bud's dye system.

I charge extra if I think its going to take longer. What else should they expect for presenting a pig-stye to me.

Steam is a great help with stains and odour removal....
June 19, 2011 05:16AM
All cars should be able to come clean, sometimes we see some that have been used for a pickup. Those cars can never be cleaned as new without new parts or dye.
June 19, 2011 06:29PM
June 19, 2011 08:09PM
Good turnaround. That first car was pretty trashed.
June 20, 2011 01:06AM
I am impressed, care to share some insight on them?
June 21, 2011 11:24PM
As I have said, don't post prices, evaluate the vehicle and determine the number of hours to do the job x your hourly rate.

You are always protected in that way.

And, if the market will allow you to charge more than your hourly rate x the hours to do the job, charge more.

Bud Abraham
June 22, 2011 03:06AM
This is all well and good, i would like to still know what techniques, chemicles and equiptment was used to acheive these results.
June 22, 2011 09:36PM
I find most reputable manufacturers have good chemicals. People prefer X over Y but in my experience, you just need to get the hang of each one and understand how to use it best.

You also need to identify your "dirt". Is it soil, food, drink spills, oils or tar, etc. Pre-cleaners on heavy dirt for stain removal, followed up with a spray of detergent/shampoo from your extractor (warm if possible), agitate with a brush, then extract. Use a safe solvent on tar bits in the carpet.

As mentioned elsewhere, a vapour steamer is good to have.
June 28, 2011 03:31AM
Cmon Gina, ya gonna just keep these results a secret? I thought this was called 'secrets of the experts'. Gina, you are no doubt an expert. So how about sharing a little info with us?
June 28, 2011 02:53PM
Bob:
Here are some additional links to some other cleaning jobs I have done recently, the site will be closed down in the next 2 days so visit before it closes

[truthindetailing.com]
[truthindetailing.com]
[truthindetailing.com]
[truthindetailing.com]
[truthindetailing.com]
[truthindetailing.com]
[truthindetailing.com]

In the world of detailing this is a normal job for us... today, this is how the average car owner treats a vehicle and it seems to be getting worse. I am an extreme cleaner who can provide amazing results but these results come from many years of experience... I know everyone asks about chemicals (I think too many are brand focused ) the fact is any good chemical will work, these results will come from understanding the chemistry of cleaning agents on different types soiling on fabrics/materials.

Each detailer has to develop cleaning protocols and practice and perfect overtime... there is no magic bullet!.

These types of jobs require shampoo extraction machines with rapid recovery atomization process meaning water injects into fibers and is recovered very quickly without over-wetting fibers.. I am afraid that despite all the hype about steamers they cannot produce these kinds of results- steamers are great for sanitizing) A shampoo machine is only one small part of the process, great vacuuming, pre-spraying, agitation, soil and stain removal are also important

The idea behind the pictures is to demonstrate to people, that it is possible to clean very well without re-dyeing, or just giving up without trying… You just have to push the envelope on cleaning all the time to increase results. What was good yesterday, will not necessarily work today on a different fabric… so keep trying

The principles of cleaning and getting good results are:
Vacuum soil
Identify the material/fabric you are working with
Identify the type of soiling
Do NOT saturate the fabric you are working with and if you do remove excess liquid
Use a pre-spray the appropriate soiling – grease, food, etc – remember allow adequate dwell times to allow chemicals to work
Use an enzyme if you have an odor
Use an appropriate stain remover if you have a stain – generally blotting up the stain
Agitate the fibers –to loosen soil and bring to surface
If still heavily soiled re apply pre-spray, agitate blot and transfer soiling to cloth
Extract to remove soiling – with extraction machine – better success comes with hot water and from a machine with a good vacuum lift and minimal over-wetting of fibers
Rinse
Dry rapidly
June 28, 2011 06:17PM
Gina, thank you for your insight, we can all hope to be as good as you someday with alot of work and dedication.
June 28, 2011 06:40PM
Gina, on average, how long does it take you to detail cars like this? On average, how much do you charge for service of this caliber? It looks like we see alot of the same messes. Have you ever considered training someone to detail like this? Im sure Im not alone when I say that your results are amazing and knowledge/training of this degree is something we would all be very willing to pay for.
June 29, 2011 08:59PM
Gina, those details with the bug problem and the dog problem were excellent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login