Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anything that neutralises suds on the ground?

Posted by Profile Detailer 
Anything that neutralises suds on the ground?
July 30, 2011 07:41PM
Hi guys,

Is there anything (cheap) that can be sprayed on suds to neutralise them? I'm mainly concerned about car-wash rinsing that flows out beyond the work area. Would a salt-water solution do it, I wonder.

Don't want anybody slipping on my run-off. How much do mat systems go for? I don't know if one is feasible really, as I don't have anywhere to store it unless it folds up really tightly.

Thanks.
Re: Anything that neutralises suds on the ground?
July 30, 2011 09:06PM
If you have an agricultural type store near you (big r stores) they sell a product called 'shake down' it is used as an anti-foaming agent in crop spraying equiptment. I use it in my extractor. Its very potent, dont drink it. If your more restricted, a hot tub supply store sells anti-foam. It is not as effective but is much more friendly to the environment!
July 30, 2011 10:59PM
why not use a vacuu boom [www.vacuboom.com], or whenever possible go waterless.
July 31, 2011 01:25PM
Thanks for that guys.

The Vacuboom is a good idea but wouldn't be suitable. Kind of a long story, but people tend to take a shortcut across where I work to get to my neighbours shop and I can't prevent it. So a slip hazard would be replaced by a trip hazard.

I will have a look at the anti-foam additives from the Agri store, Bob. I didn't think of that so many thanks for the idea.

Waterless is a good idea as well. What I do with some cars is spray the waterless over the vehicle and use the steamer to warm-rinse/flush it away before using the MF towels. Works a treat!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login