Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

have you embraced Single Polish Systems

Posted by svr73 
have you embraced Single Polish Systems
October 28, 2011 09:19AM
G'day All, the few that remain that is

Have you embraced any single polish systems for paint correction yet?
If not, now is the time,

Why buy three or four abrasive polishes that are solvent based, contain fillers, carcinogenic cancer causing substances, burn your eyes, cheap solvents and make your work harder, requiring soaps to clean the pads

The days of needing compounds and polishes to complete each detail are all gone.

With the water based product I'm using, I can take out orange peel and any defects that dont require strong sanding work, with just one product and the latest pad materials on any machine
Re: have you embraced Single Polish Systems
October 28, 2011 05:42PM
So why not share with us the products you are using instead of teasing us?
October 28, 2011 08:46PM
Matt, have you spoken to Avi Moradi about the new Fixer polish? It should work wonders with your denim pads. For a single-system polish, I haven't seen anything that works so fast before. Its got more cut than Fast Cut Plus but finishes down like P1. Check it out.

I think Matt likes the Expert polishes. Not available everywhere.... certainly not near me.
October 29, 2011 12:29AM
??????
October 29, 2011 10:10PM
svr73 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Have you embraced any single polish systems for
> paint correction yet?
>>
>

I sure have..........HD UNO works wonders. But, like all things in this profession, 1 product won't always work on every paint system, and therefore will require additional products/processes to resort to. If someone says otherwise I tend to doubt their abilities.
October 30, 2011 11:27AM
Polish, Pads, Machines, Paint and Expertise are some of the variables to consider and everybody has their own preferences. You shouldn't doubt someone's ability based on their choice of polish. smiling smiley HD UNO is Thomas Dekany's only polish, I believe. He seems to be respected on various forums for his ability. I don't get on with that one myself. Seems to be a bear to remove from some paints and if it plaques on the pad, it almost crystallises.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 11:33AM by Profile Detailer.
October 30, 2011 12:29PM
I never said in my above post that I would doubt someone based on their choice of polish, I said I would doubt them if they claimed to need just 1 product on "every" vehicle's finish they worked on. I personally know Thomas, have seen his work in person(which is excellent) and believes he feels somewhat similar to this notion too. Even though he primarily uses UNO with great sucess, I know he still keeps other products on hand in the event there's a hiccup or needs to go a different route on a project.

No matter how great a product works in most situations, it's not going to rate a 10 out of 10 for cutting & finishing on all paint surfaces. Some require more aggressiveness(hard paints) and some may need a dedicated finishing polish (soft paints). Not to knock UNO one bit as it "can" and "does" work in most situations by simply choosing the appropriate pad/technique/machine. It also produces hardly any dust too which can come in very handy too.

Not sure which version of UNO you're using, but many have had similar findings as yours with the initial version #1. Since then, they've updated the formula and are in the process of launching version 4 at SEMA. The key is to use the product very sparingly (3-4 drops) and not overwork it. I find it works amazing on the new Micro Fiber pads via DA.
October 31, 2011 08:20PM
Could certainly be an earlier version. Not sure which though but I got it from the UK so lord knows how long it had been in the bottle before I even placed my order. I will keep an eye out for the version 4 when I place my next order with a US supplier. 3D certainly made a few huge leaps and bounds in the past two years with their products and its interesting to see the range developing. Have you tried that new Zero polish? Looks interesting as well.
November 01, 2011 02:50AM
Using a BUFFPRO with the lite foam cutting pad or even softer finishing pad you can achieve a one step. Of course you still apply wax or sealant, but no swirls

Bud Abraham
November 01, 2011 09:13PM
I've been thinking about your BuffPro, Bud. I was resistant at first to the idea, but I've been looking at side panels in particular and with curves and contours on some cars, people don't realise just how much contact area there is with a standard pad. You can actually get more physical contact and correction on some cars using a spot pad than with a 6" pad. So I guess the Buff Pro would allow for a larger area of correction at a particular time on side panels.
November 07, 2011 10:05PM
Profile Detailer Wrote:
> Could certainly be an earlier version. Not sure
> which though but I got it from the UK so lord
> knows how long it had been in the bottle before I
> even placed my order. I will keep an eye out for
> the version 4 when I place my next order with a US
> supplier. 3D certainly made a few huge leaps and
> bounds in the past two years with their products
> and its interesting to see the range developing.
> Have you tried that new Zero polish? Looks
> interesting as well.

Not yet, but eagerly awating it. I've heard a bunch of feedback from people who attended SEMA that the new HD UNO V4 & Zero perform really well. Many claim that V4 cuts quite a bit more and Zero is on par with Menzerna 85RD (which is a great final polish). We'll see. I still can't believe how much great recognition 3D Care Care has been getting lately with thier product line. Impressive how a company that focuses on the high volume/bulk market is becoming well received in the enthusiast marketplace.
November 07, 2011 10:19PM
I was contimplating trying out one of the BuffPro machines until I read a review from a highly respected detailer who judgement I personally trust. Per this person:

QUOTE:
BuffPro Polisher

"Here's the deal, the BuffPro Polisher I tested leaves a haze in the paint that during the demonstration and testing I was present for it couldn't remove. So even if you use it you still have to come back with a secondary machine polisher to remove the haze, like a DA Polisher.

The inventor and marketer of this tool told me that you only have to remove the haze off black and dark colored cars but the reality is, if it's leaving a visible haze on black and dark colored cars it's leaving a haze on all colored cars because the haze is being left in the clear layer and on light colored cars you're eyes can't easily see the haze. It's still there though.

Clear coated and single stage black paint is really the only test that counts.

I've been told the people selling the BuffPro Polisher has said I endorse or recommend this tool and that's not accurate. I told them that I could see it for use on large white items like boats or motorhomes where the haze it leaves would not be noticeable and in that market the people that owned the boat or motorhome were not looking for a true show car finish like the owner of a black Corvette would be expecting from machine polishing."
November 07, 2011 10:54PM
I guess the BuffPro people need to go back to the drawing board with their pads then. Thanks for sharing that, Pro-Techt. smiling smiley
November 08, 2011 01:57AM
Maybe so? I just find it odd that a relatively new tool like this hasn't been embrassed by anyone in the public eye yet? Usually Detailers are jumping at the chance to try a groundbreaking new tool. I can't recall of anyone on any forums ever mentioning using a BuffPro?
November 08, 2011 03:45AM
I don't know what demo you saw but my experience with the BUFFPRO is not at all what you say.

Have you ever used one? No! So please don't preach about it when you have no first hand experience.

As the wise sages advise:

"believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see."

I never put anything in our product line unless I personally use it and am satisfied it meets the performance I think is satisfactory.

I have used the BUFFPRO, I have numerous testimonies from respected detailers who have demonstrated the tool to other customers who have purchased. And best of all I spent 3 days with the inventor, Jim Farrell where he demonstrated the tool in numerous applications with perfect success.

What I did note is that it is important like with a rotary that a detailer has to diagnose the problem, know the paint finish, chose the right pad and key, key the right compound or polish.

Logic tells us that if investors put $100's of thousands of dollars into the development and marketing of the product and if thousands have been sold it must work.

Will everyone like it, will everyone use it correctly? Of course not, that is why a person needs to withhold judgement until they try it.

Bud Abraham
November 08, 2011 12:17PM
G'day Pro Techt

Yes using the Xpert. Xpert 1000 ultra polish works on any paint, hard, soft, sticky it doesnt matter
the 1500 high tech is the light correction and finishing polish for all paints, especially softs. So I have two polishes for everything bar orange peeel removal.

That is done with another product because the abrasives were designed for doing orange peel removal by machine polisher

HD Uno is another but I'm not a fan of 3D products. I doubt that it's waterbased and works in any climate and free of all adverse ingredients

I know Avi and we talk on Skype from time to time. He told me about the Fixer and I have seen a photo of someone (maybe gordon of defined details) using it

Hopefully its waterbased like Xpert.

it is so much easier these days. each uses what they prefer but
November 08, 2011 12:27PM
Bud the only problem I have with the Buff Pro is that it only has foam drum pads available and I doubt it can remove orange peel like a rotary can, a key in creating a new level of machine polisher achievable gloss

Foam pads are now on the way out for paint correction
We now have ten buffing pad materials for DA, RO and Rotary application

Silk wool, Wool/Microfibre blend, Velvet, Denim, Rayon, Microfibre for cutting and polishing, 1 ply non twisted wool and 4 ply wool, conventional foam and the surbuf pads

the velvet, denim and microfibre pads along with microfibre/wool have taken foams place and sometimes even wools place since the velvet and denims are twice as powerful as wool

easier to use, less heat, no risk of burning are just a few of the reasons why I've switched.
The rayons should be interesting, they are next on the radar to buy for my resurfacing work

the next buff pro should have these pads and future ones available, oh and should have same speed settings as Makita 9227

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2011 12:28PM by svr73.
November 08, 2011 03:21PM
Unfortunately you are incorrect about the BUFFPRO, we do offer a wool pad and are working on more pad offerings.

As for foam being on the way out, you are absolutely incorrect, they are stronger than ever in the market.

The world giant, 3M purchased a small pad company in the USA to get their foam patents. Does not appear to me that a company that dominates the the collision repair industry all over the world would purchase a foam pad company if they did not believe that foam was in.

The USA has been using the poly'wool combination pad for more than 10 years.

We have also had microfiber and cotton pads for years also, but they are not accepted by detailers nor body shop polishers.

As for rayon, the industry in the USA and Canada has been using sythetic wool finishing pads for years when the detailers did not want to pay such high prices for real sheepskin.

With all due respect, you talk as though Australia is the leader in the world in detailing technology, when the best you have got are sheep, kawala bears and kangaroos.

Regards
November 08, 2011 09:03PM
ah my apologies bud, I forgot you had the wool pad.

Sure foam is still around and I'll use it for the last step or two but for the correction step, the new pad materials are much better than foam and even wool
Europe, USA and Asia are the leaders, though they all make alot of crap products too, same old formulations again and again

And when did I say that what I was using is Australian, I didnt.
Xpert polish is made in USA due to the raw materials being there,though there is a major office in sydney where I get my supply

Australia doesn't make anything for the detailing industry except the wool for buffing pads. There are of course some talented people here but the problem is that we dont have all the raw materials

Foam will always be popular but what I'm saying is that when doing that one correction step with any polish, foam isnt the way to go anymore
It's quite sad that many detailers don't want to pay for quality buffing materials

if you get microfibre pads made for the buff pro then great, I'll invest in one but it won't replace the rotary, DA and RO machines, only compliment them
November 08, 2011 09:06PM
3D are just marketing the shit out of themselves as some brilliant manufacturer
I don't use dressings or any of what they make, I just dont use those types of products anymore
November 08, 2011 10:57PM
Not using dressings, Matt? I'm just very curious now... smiling smiley how do you present wheel arches and tires? There are the more permanent coatings but it doesn't always make economical sense to use them in a detailers workshop.

3D hit the nail on the head when they bought Autopia. Its a real resource but like all forums, you have to filter the copy and paste people who just parrot what others say, and look for the people who have tried and tested products, tools and techniques.
November 09, 2011 05:42AM
buda Wrote:
> I don't know what demo you saw but my experience
> with the BUFFPRO is not at all what you say.

Please re-read my post. I didn’t see any demo. I purely posted a short review of the machine that a highly respected industry leading detailer posted on a high profile detailing forum.

buda Wrote:
>
> Have you ever used one? No! So please don't
> preach about it when you have no first hand
> experience.
>

Again, when I don’t see any of the so-called 1000’s of people who have allegedly purchased a BuffPro stepping up with their complimentary findings paralleling yours I tend to logically discount the integrity of the product. Surely after all these sales, someone (besides the creator or reseller) would be jumping for joy over this industry changing tool and letting the world know about it. But, because most have only seen hit & run spamming of the product on various mediums it also tends to discount its credibility. Just saying…

buda Wrote:
>
> I never put anything in our product line unless I
> personally use it and am satisfied it meets the
> performance I think is satisfactory.
>

What’s satisfactory for you may not be satisfactory to most. Especially when dealing with people who take correcting paint very seriously. It’s all in the eyes of the beholder really and is totally user defined. Especially when most people seen demonstrating this tool are working on boats, planes, RVs and headlights which I’m sure is very effective on.

buda Wrote:
> I have used the BUFFPRO, I have numerous
> testimonies from respected detailers who have
> demonstrated the tool to other customers who have
> purchased.
>

Please tell me who these respected detailers are?

buda Wrote:
>And best of all I spent 3 days with
> the inventor, Jim Farrell where he demonstrated
> the tool in numerous applications with perfect
> success.
>

From my prior quote it appears that Jim may have also demo’d his machine to this person with much different results? Again, this may all be in the eye of the beholder?

buda Wrote:
>
> Logic tells us that if investors put $100's of
> thousands of dollars into the development and
> marketing of the product and if thousands have
> been sold it must work.
>

Sorry, not by my logic. Investors pool their money together in loosing ventures every day. Look at the movie industry. Just because several people buy a product doesn’t make it great just by insinuating that “it must work”. Are you actually saying that over a $100,000 went into the development of the BuffPro? And, that over 1000 machines have been sold?
November 09, 2011 05:56AM
buda Wrote:
>
> The world giant, 3M purchased a small pad company
> in the USA to get their foam patents. Does not
> appear to me that a company that dominates the the
> collision repair industry all over the world would
> purchase a foam pad company if they did not
> believe that foam was in.
>
To my knowledge, 3M's purchase of EDGE Products was mostly for their Quick Release Adapter patented technology. Not their foam.
November 09, 2011 06:09AM
svr73 Wrote:
>
> HD Uno is another but I'm not a fan of 3D
> products. I doubt that it's waterbased and works
> in any climate and free of all adverse
> ingredients

Can you explain more about why you're not a fan of 3D? And, UNO is waterbased btw.....

>
>
>3D are just marketing the shit out of themselves as
>some brilliant manufacturer

Is self confidence such a bad thing all of a sudden when marketing your brand? They must be doing something right if they can produce decades of impressive profits while offering extremely affordable products that have been proven to work very well amoung a large and diverse group of users. Can't say the same about any of their direct competitors in that section of the market.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login