Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

If You Don't Ask You Will Loose Business.....

Posted by buda 
If You Don't Ask You Will Loose Business.....
November 09, 2011 03:42PM
Far too many detailers loose a lot of business because they do not ask their customers questions. In other words, if a customer comes in or calls and asks the price of a detail and they give a price, most often the customer leaves or hangs up and contacts another detail business to check their prices.

The detailer that gets the job is the one who knows how to ask the "right' questions.

Never give a price to a customer until you ask questions about the vehicle and the customer's "perceived" needs for the car. But remember, you are the expert, not the customer, and the best way to get maximum revenue from each customer is to sell to the needs of the vehicle.

So you have to ask questions and you have to ask the right questions, and most importantly, "listen to the answers."

Here are some ideas to help you ask better questions:

1. Ask only one question at a time.

2. After asking the question, but quiet. If the customer does not answer, do not answer for them or ask another question. They are usually thinking about what to say.

3. After they have answered your question, remain quiet for a few seconds more. You may get more information, if you don't interupt.

4. Followup the answer with another related question. Do not jump around from the engine to the paint to the carpets, etc.

5. Alway be confident with your questions. If you ask lots of questions it shows that you are not comfortable asking questions and this lack of confidence is evident to the customer. Always question the customer to assist them.

Hope this helps in your sales presentations.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: If You Don't Ask You Will Loose Business.....
November 09, 2011 08:52PM
When responding to requests about detailing service my first question is "are you familiar with what detailing means"? some people get in a huff and puff, some say can you explain, some people say I have had it done somewhere else, and of course there many other things the say...

It then gives me the opportunity explain what detailing means as practiced by our establishment.. sometimes I get an immediate response that is not what I want ... I just want a car wash... in which case I then say I do have that service but you might benefit from some of our detailing services like sealants to protect the paint finish etc. They point I am trying to say here is that most people are clueless about what detailing is and what they should expect..while the question might seem brunt.. it separates immediately the persons seeking detailing and those seeking other services and it gives you an opportunity to quote a range of prices for different levels of service.. introduce to people what detailing is and they have an opportunity to choose from the range you have offered. Previously people would ask for detailing ... I would look over the vehicle quote them a price.. and I was not aware they were wanting a car wash but just liberally using the term detailing to describe what they want,.
Re: If You Don't Ask You Will Loose Business.....
November 10, 2011 04:10AM
Gina

As always an excellent and perceptive post to the topic. You do have to talk to the customer and ask questions to find what they know and what they think they want.

Most of all, "sell to the needs of the car," just like the auto mechanic, the dentist and the doctor do when you patronize their establishments for service.

They listen to what you say, ask questions and then diagnose and tell you what you need.

Best Regards
Bud Abraham

PS Are you on Linkedin? I see that Gary & Diana Bean are on the site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login