Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Practice what you preach

Posted by billd55 
Practice what you preach
November 25, 2011 03:21PM
Pro-Techt made this statement:
As far as what will be discussed, I’m willing to have an open mind as I subscribe to the notion of “You’re never too old or experienced to learn something new”. I think it’s a shame many “Pros” seem to cop-out to this excuse. As a matter of fact, I’m in the preliminary stages of opening up a detail shop/car wash in the Metro Detroit area and would love a refresher course on this subject. At the very least, I will have the pleasure of meeting someone whom I’ve followed for decades (Bud).

And, we should all step back and realize what these forums are all about. It’s about discussing, debating and sharing your thoughts, experiences and abilities. It’s perfectly healthy for people to disagree. One of the most important facets that forum people (including myself) tend to overlook is when they are wrong or shown other respectful beliefs to acknowledge these efforts professionally.

Pro-Techt this statement is just a bunch of crap. I have shown you something new, and clearly you have never had a open mind toward it. You have never once shown that anything I have said is wrong, nor have you been respectful either. I really like this statement: One of the most important facets that forum people (including myself) tend to overlook is when they are wrong or shown other respectful beliefs to acknowledge these efforts professionally. My question to you is:Are you are ever wrong?

Here is the way you show your respectful beliefs.

Again, that’s a pathetic excuse for a miracle sealant that claims to last for 5 years. The swirls you’re trying to hide were so bad they were waving hello to me in your video. You either have no clue about detailing, or you’re borderline skitzo-autisticially-retarded buying into your self induced delusions of detailing grandeur.

Who can forget this classic one:

Being also from South Florida (east), I can also say that 99% of the “Detailers” in the entire state don’t have any more of a clue to the characteristics of what a well preserved vehicle looks like any more than the car owners they serve. It’s like the blind leading the blind actually. Even most owners that show off their vehicles in well renowned car shows think that even their swirled up paint finishes are the SOP of owning a show car. Getting through to these bubble heads to discuss how their car could look completely different with a proper polishing job is like talking to a rock. (Your quote )

I can also say that 99% of the “Detailers” in the entire state don’t have any more of a clue to the characteristics of what a well preserved vehicle looks like any more than the car owners they serve. Getting through to these bubble heads to discuss how their car could look completely different with a proper polishing job is like talking to a rock.

Remember this one also:

You're diverting the discussion and backpeddling Bill Daley because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I've replied to every one of your claims and you've done nothing but make yourself look like the CRAZY "hack" Detailer you're claiming others are. How can you even call yourself a Detailer when you don't even use a polisher? You're just like the Hack Wash N Waxers that flood this state with poor quality work due to blatant ignorance. Just because you go around waxing people's cars doesn't make you a Detailer. Wake up and start learning from the people who know instead of thinking you have the miracle cure for paint. Peddle your crap at the car shows and state fairs to the people who don't know better. Good luck

Please show me one comment were I called you: borderline skitzo-autisticially-retarded. These are sure nice words if everyone agrees with you.

I made this comment to you some time back, and I was completely right about you:

I’d also be willing to accept a small sample of your miracle acrylic sealant and do some real world testing against my favorite protective products. If you can’t make it, no problem, set up a sample from your people @ JEM and I’d be happy to pick it up from them in person. Maybe they can supply me with their lab test results documenting their 5 year durability claim too.

billd55
Gee, that is mighty big of you, anything else you would like.
To be honest with you I do not think you have the passion to use this product or promote it. Even if you had a sample it would sit on your self.If you are interested contact GEM yourself.
I’d be happier than you to promote a product 1/10 as good as you claim yours is, but I have a sneaking suspesion it’s performance will be as disappointing as your own on this thread. I’m actually planning on contacting GEM early next week and will try meeting with them to discuss their products as well as their spokesman’s behavior on the internet. I’m wondering if they realize that the credibility of their product is at risk every time you get outted and banned from countless Detailing discussion forums? When you Google their name these threads where you get lynched from seem to be at the top of a search. Well, I guess some view any publicity (be it negative in your case) is good publicity?

When you made this statement:

I’d also be willing to accept a small sample of your miracle acrylic sealant

It showed me that you are not open to new ideas. If so, you would have contacted Gem much like Todd H who said he was going to, but never did.

Quote from Todd H:

I am in no way attacking you, although I obviously have a different opinion. As somebody who is trusted to test pre-beta products for Meguiar's, somebody who has worked on cars with values that exceed $10,000,000.00 in preparing them for the most scrutinizing judges in the world, and somebody who is trusted in the education of enthusiasts and professional detailers by one of the oldest and largest E-tail stores in detailing equipment, I would say that a lot of what you state is really an old school point of view and seems to lack a basic understanding in the advancements of detailer. Particularly in regard to your knowledge of paint refinishing.

However that is the beauty in forums and communities. We can learn from each other. Now how do I go about getting a sample of AT-5?

You guys all talk about wanting to learn something new, but when it comes down to it, it is all talk and no action. When you do not like the message you try and kill the messager by banning him from the forum. Then you say that since he has been banned from the forums that this person should not be listened to for that reason.

What you guys cannot understand is that I am trying to show people how to avoid paint refinishing. I am not questioning the methods or products at all, but what causes the need for it in the first place. If you used AT-5, then you would understand what I am saying. If you used AT-5 instead of
wax after correction there would be no need for special soaps or as much correction needed in the future.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2011 04:18PM by billd55.
Re: Practice what you preach
November 25, 2011 09:08PM
You really should talk to your physican regarding the dosage of medication he has you on.
Grumpy
Re: Practice what you preach
November 26, 2011 11:42AM
Thanks for the advice, but since you have been banned from a forum. I do not think I will take it. Although, this sounds like great advice for Pro-Techt to follow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 01:19PM by billd55.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login