Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Do strangers trust you?

Posted by GTR 
GTR
Do strangers trust you?
December 14, 2011 02:56AM
**You damage paint, leave carpets wet, and blast the customer's stereo...**

These are stereotypes of reconditioners, and things customers ASSUME ABOUT YOU until you gain their trust. *But you can build REAL trust and credibility with prospects if you pay attention to a few details. Read on...

**Building trust and credibility as a reconditioner. *3 Tips:**

1. Add RECOGNIZABLE images to your website and business card.

These include:

1. Home - The International Detailing Association International Detailing Association Logo
2. Napdrt.org -- Reliable Paintless Dent Repair and Hail Damage Repair Information NAPDRT Logo
3. Local Chamber of Commerce Logo
4. Brands you use: (think Meguiars)

Remember, that the goal is to appear TRUSTWORTHY at a GLANCE; nothing achieves this in an INSTANT like associating yourself with something that is trusted.

2. Add your photo to your business card and website.

Every study confirms it: photos build trust. You're asking a STRANGER to trust you with an appliance that sometimes exceeds $50,000 in value...wouldn't YOU want to see YOUR face? Women in particular are responsive to photos. Nothing makes a personal connection quicker than a photo where you're first discovered (website, business card, or brochure). Get over your vanity and add a headshot to all of your marketing material.

3. Uniforms.

Always, always wear a uniform the first time you meet a customer. Could be a shirt. Could be a hat. Must be clean. Must be tucked in. When you walk toward their home, their office, or their driveway, your prospect must think..."THAT's a PROFESSIONAL."

Original Article: [appliedcolors.com]

Robert Keppel
Owner
Applied Colors
Paint Touch Up Systems for Detailers
Re: Do strangers trust you?
December 14, 2011 06:40AM
Great post Robert, everything you state I have found to be true in my 30 some years in the detail business.

Regards

Bud Abraham
December 14, 2011 12:59PM
Most definetly...The difference between me(word of mouth only) and most others that advertise is when you advertise you have to prove something where word of mouth you already have a portion of the customers trust from the referall.....Here.s an example, i ran with my brother a very busy rustproofing and detail shop back in the eighties and nineties in north toronto .The word of mouth customers already loved us while the people from the ads in the local paper and walk ins would ask all the questions etc..
As for uniforms for summer i usually wear a muscle shirt,shorts and sandals, my customers like the CEO of not one but two multi- billlion dollar companies doesn,t seem to mind since he comes to work in his blue jeans !He loves my work not my clothes.
Then again heres a client of mine(http://www.groundsguys.ca/) that likes uniforms and brand new shiney trucks and is first class company who first used the local guys who advertised with the pretty website,flyers and pictures saying they were the best, gee ever hear that before...
December 16, 2011 10:22PM
Good post. When people do not know you, you need to sound, look and work professionally. It is when they get to know you that you can become a little informal, but always remember that they are just the customer not your friend. Things get complicated when the client becomes more than a client - although if you can handle it, not a problem then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login