Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Carpet vac & soil extract process

Posted by Profile Detailer 
Carpet vac & soil extract process
December 16, 2011 10:31PM
I might be wrong in my approach to carpet care. I have been thoroughly vacuuming before using the extractor but I just got to thinking that perhaps the extractor is capable of taking much more dirt than I have been letting into it.

What if you just partially vacuum the flat surfaces of the carpet and then use the extractor. Sure it will save time, but is that a feasible approach? Or is it just cutting corners?
Re: Carpet vac & soil extract process
December 16, 2011 10:56PM
The first rule of professional carpet cleaning is proper vacuuming so you can remove debris, dirt, sand and lift it away from the base and fibers of the carpet. You are then in a better position to see the actual physical condition and choose the best technique to clean and dry.
December 17, 2011 03:15AM
Exactly, it is just "logic", which seems to be missing from some who take part in this forum.
"Logic", I don't need no stinking logic, I know that XXX is all that is needed to do everything!"
"Don't confuse me with experience or documented facts, proven by thousands of people, who make a full time living of doing what they have done for decades, I know it all!"
And the train wreck continues.
December 17, 2011 04:49AM
Exactly, it is just "logic", which seems to be missing from some who take part in this forum.
"Logic", I don't need no stinking logic, I know that XXX is all that is needed to do everything!"
"Don't confuse me with experience or documented facts, proven by thousands of people, who make a full time living of doing what they have done for decades, I know it all!"
And the train wreck continues.

Ron

Who's logic? Yours

What experience , or documented facts do you have on the product I use? What the hell have these thousands of so-called people proven exactly? Please explain. or shut to hell up. Your ego is just to much!

Need I remind you of your experience here when you stated this to Moonlight 46:

Just some things for you to consider, however, in my opinion the damage is very deep and just wet sanding and a buffing process will not resolve your concern

Clearly, your experience was WAY off base on that call. You seem to be the one who knows everything here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 04:58AM by billd55.
December 17, 2011 08:31AM
Profile:

There are two kinds of soil in carpets/fabric seats:

a. Dry soil - 85%
b. Oily soil - 15% (on fibers)

The professional cleaning process is to:

1. Thorough vacuum to remove all dry soil
2. Apply appropriate stain removers and hand remove stains (vapor steamers work well)
3. Apply light mist of carpet shampoo to emulsify the oily soil on the fibers
4. Hand scrub or use rotary shampooer to allow shampoo to lift the oily soil off the fibers
5. Use heated extractor with a 60-64 to 1 diluted non-foaming extractor shampoo solution to rinse the oily soil/shampoo residue from the fibers
6. Then vacuum excess moisture out without solution valve open

That will give you a very clean carpet

Regards
Bud Abraham
December 17, 2011 09:02PM
Great guys. Thanks for that.

Yep, I've been doing it correctly for 10 years but I was just considering how powerful the extractor motor is and whether it would serve to also remove some of the dry debris.

I don't have a heated extractor, but on difficult stains I frequently use vapour steam in one hand and the extractor in the other. Its a real powerhouse combination.

Logic is an integral part of the whole detailing process. Ron, you are absolutely right. Its okay to sometimes think outside the box though as this sometimes makes a breakthrough. I used to be a member on the Delphi forums about 10 years ago and first came across your posts (and Bud's) there. They were influential on my detailing process and I still use some of your recommendations.

Thanks Gina & Bud for the input. Bill, your post serves no use at all in this thread. Please delete it so the thread can be used as a reference for interior detailing advice.

Best regards
Profile Detailer.

PS - I really knew the answer to the question. Just thought I would start a thread on something different.
December 18, 2011 01:04AM
There is something else on using the extractor for as a vacuum or vacuuming dry, there is little filtration and the trash can destroy the the vacuum motor
December 20, 2011 11:11PM
They have an adapter you can use with your extractor(on the ninja model anyways) to use as a vac without ruining the motors. Almost bought it many years ago when i replaced my 2 stage motors to 3 stage
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login