Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

wheel well

Posted by concoursgarage 
wheel well
December 21, 2011 03:44AM
What are you using to improve appearance of wheel wells?
Re: wheel well
December 21, 2011 03:48AM
A 50/50 mix of automagics red hot will clean anything under there, for pickups i follow it with a can or two of undercoat
December 21, 2011 04:54AM
Just a little tip, Bob.
Don't apply the undercoat, who ever makes it, over the dressing.
It does not allow it to adhere as well as it is meant to.
The silicone's in the dressing just does like iand putting the undercoat over it creates a negative bond., .
Grumpy
December 21, 2011 02:40PM
Once i clean the wheel well and shoot undercoat, I dont use any dressing as it now looks new, i only use dressing in wheel wells that are plastic lined.
December 21, 2011 03:54PM
Sorry,I misread your post.
December 21, 2011 04:53PM
bobm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A 50/50 mix of automagics red hot will clean
> anything under there, for pickups i follow it with
> a can or two of undercoat

Holy crap,we used to use Red Hot @ 8 or 10 to 1 for general degreasing!! That stuff is potent at that ratio so I could only imagine @ 50/50 it must be insane. Use to have it dialed in so it wouldn't leave chauky residue on interior panels.
December 21, 2011 09:33PM
Might seem a silly question but are your roads mainly made from concrete? Its mostly tarmacadam surfaces here, so tar build-up in wheel wells is ridiculous.

Bob, what's the undercoat? I wouldn't mind having a look .... please. winking smiley
December 21, 2011 09:41PM
Concrete and Asphalt with alot of potholes that constantly get covered in greasy asphalt/tar. Most vehicles are spackled with tar. But we use a solvent for that. APC is good for getting the road grime before hand though.
December 21, 2011 10:28PM
I usually use the red hot at 50/1 but around here our roads are mostly gravel, dirt and cow poop. At 50/50 mix ya gotta be carefull what it gets on. Wells and frame rails is about it. I dial it back for engine degreasing and bug removal. I found that I like simple green mixed at one quart to 5 gallons for safe but effective interior cleaning. For undercoat I really like the aerosol cans made by U.S. chemicle. We dont have too much for tar splatter here but lots of gravel damage.
December 22, 2011 04:28AM
When we started in the detail business in the late 70's the typical thing was to spray the wheel wells with black paint.

That gave way to simply spraying the wheel wells. after a good cleaning with a pressure washer with a high shine water based dressing.

Hard to do with a 32oz hand spray bottle, you got to have a sprayer that puts out chemical with a constant spray.

Regards
Bud Abraham
December 25, 2011 01:02PM
damn good high pressure water then steam clean and permanon aircraft supershine 50% sprayed on and left to keep them clean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login