Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Your Beliefs are not founded in FACT!

Posted by billd55 
Your Beliefs are not founded in FACT!
January 05, 2012 12:50PM
From Custom Detail :

"Success is the important thing. Propaganda is not a matter for average minds, but rather a matter for practitioners. It is not supposed to be lovely or theoretically correct. I do not care if I give wonderful, aesthetically elegant speeches, or speak so that women cry. The point of a political speech is to persuade people of what we think is right. I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things than I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory. We do not want to be a movement of a few straw brains, but rather a movement that can conquer the broad masses. Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual and real truths."

Speech by Joseph Goebbels on 9 January 1928 to an audience of party members at the so-called "Hochschule für Politik", a series of training talks for Nazi party members in Berlin.

There a saying that also comes to mind.

"He who states from his mind what he believes is fact, and continues to state it as fact, soon believes it to be a real fact! when it truth it not a fact but fantasy."

My comments:

Randy actually got off his ass, and posted something more than his standard response( You are a dumbass). When I first
read this quote it seemed strange and odd that he would quote a Nazi, but after thinking about it , it makes alot of sense.
Why is that you may ask? Well, let me explain.

1. "Success is the important thing. Propaganda is not a matter for average minds, but rather a matter for practitioners. It is not supposed to be lovely or theoretically correct.

I think this actually sums many of you here perfectly. Clearly, many of you have bought into the propaganda that the wax companies feed you. To you, success is making a car finish perfect with no flaws. Then you convince yourselves that
the glazes, polishes, and waxes you used to do it are long lasting and offer real protection even when you know it is not theoretically correct.

2. The point of a political speech is to persuade people of what we think is right.

Without a doubt in my mind all many here have done is try and persuade me I am wrong. Your logic is that because
everyone does it that way, I must be wrong in my thinking.

You call yourselves professionals, and then say you are open to new ideas. A new idea to many of you here is trying another expensive wax that tells you it is different from the one you are using now. You will search for the newest way
to cover and polish flaws and swirl marks, but could not care the slighest on how to prevent them.

3. Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual and real truths."

Now this one hits the nail right on the head. Follow the pack mentality.

4. "He who states from his mind what he believes is fact, and continues to state it as fact, soon believes it to be a real fact! when it truth it not a fact but fantasy."

Randy, you should take a real close look at what you just quoted. Because that seems to sum you up perfectly. Doing 12
cars a year a best does not make you a wealth of information IMO. Being an expert on boats, and RV's hardly gives you the
right to tell me I am wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 12:59PM by billd55.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login