Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tried it, i like it.......

Posted by turboman 
tried it, i like it.......
January 21, 2002 04:21PM
I thought I would share my experience using the orbital (not to be confused with the rotary) applying and removing product...I had a suburban in the shop over the weekend that needed to be waxed only, not polished. After I preped the truck I got out my orbital with a terry cloth bonnet, put on the wax at low speed. Then by hand I hit places I couldn't get with buffer. Normally I would remove by hand, but for the sake of trying smoething new, I put on a new clean terry bonnet. At higher speed I went over truck. replacing bonnets as they got wax build up. again using my hand for small places. after all wax was removed I put on a soft buffing pad, and went over truck again.......final with micro towel. It really turned out great......I might use it more often, it saves time (without sacrificing quality) not to mention the wear and tear on my neck/arms and back......good detailing to all !!!!!!!!

Dan
Re: tried it, i like it.......
January 23, 2002 04:24AM
I hate to say this, but I use an orbital now! For me it takes more time than by hand but the extra 10 minutes it takes is nicer on the " end of the day fatigue" I must say. And it "works" in the one step product I use for a better shine.
January 23, 2002 04:23PM
can't beat it on a black car!
Dan
January 24, 2002 08:19AM
Black car especially after hi speed polishing, what I like is when I come back a couple months later to do the car, and its still lookin sweeeet!
oli
January 24, 2002 08:21PM
When you say hi speed polishing, what product do you use? I usually go: swirl remover (3M) with hi speed polisher, then glaze,and wax with the PC but rarely do the polishig step so that why I am asking what product you use?
Thanks
January 28, 2002 03:36PM
sorry Oli, I missed your question, just now going back to read older posts. I had a busy weekend we hit 59 in Chicago here. Everyone was getting their car done. back to your question, the product I use with the high speed polisher depends on the finish and condition. if it is a late model car, in fairly good condition, I'll maybe use the blue pad with a cleaner and conditioner first (after the prep of course) Then I might go right to the wax. if the surface is dull and has minor oxidation, Then I will either use auto magic polish with either green or yellow pad. (I always test a section first) We also have a glaze that works as a great polish before I follow up with a wax. The buffer I was talking about in the above post I use with wax only. Only certain kinds of wax works with the buffer. I hope that clarifies things.......turboman

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login