Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Washing

Posted by Bill Hoffman 
Washing
January 21, 2002 07:23PM
I just buffed and polished my Explorer over the weekend with a final coat of Zymol. Today was the first wash job after a trip in the salt and slush. I used my soft bristled brush and wow, a million tiny scratches.
I used lots of water, lots of suds, still.....scratches. Any words of wisdom out there?
justbill
Re: Washing
January 21, 2002 11:00PM
when you were washing did you use 1 bucket filled with plain water and another bucket with wash solution? you should wash a section at a time and ten dip in your clear rinse water to dislodge trapped abrasive material(salt).KLEENWERKS
Re: Washing
January 22, 2002 12:53AM
i would toss the brush and get a soft wash mit.
start up
January 22, 2002 03:42AM
I am new to professional detailing. I used to do small stuff on the side to help put me through school. Now I am in my carreer and want to start a home based business in detailing. I need to know basics on getting started and essential equiptment. thanks
Re: start up
January 22, 2002 05:57AM
i agree with jackimoe, why and who suggested that you use a brush to wash your car? keep brushes to any other areas except the paint,lol
Dan
January 22, 2002 08:13AM
Try MDC and click on "forum", there is plenty of great info on real, up to date detailing and info on the business side as well. Good luck in your new venture
January 22, 2002 03:49PM
What is MDC and where on the net is it? Thanks
January 22, 2002 03:52PM
Maybe a simple question but when starting a complete detail from engine to carpet to everything what is the best sequence?
Dan
January 22, 2002 05:08PM
door jambs, engine, wheels, body, clay while wet with the soap from the bucket, carpets, dash, side panels, seats, and outside polish and seal. You can do the inside first if thats your preferance.
January 22, 2002 08:08PM
Where can you purchase products like clay?
Dan
January 23, 2002 04:18AM
There are a number of places to purchase clay, try an auto parts house, or look in your phone book under automobile detail supplies, most body shop supply stores carry it, Valugaurd (on the internet) has great clay and at great price of $10. Say you are a detailer and you can get it for $10
January 23, 2002 09:50PM
i'm trying to make a detailing franchise in canada....any tips fellas?..or any ideas u would like to see implemented into the business?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login