oli
cleaning towels
January 21, 2002 08:36PM
I was wondering what you guys do to clean your terry towels or do you guys use terry towels to dry your vehicles? After I wash the towels, I don't use softeners, and put in the dryer, they are somewhat rough. If I use the towels to perhaps wipe something down, just after washing and waxing, I notice some streaking. I am thinking maybe I should use the cloth diapers because I noticed no streaking. This streaking has been a big problem for me so I always dry the vehicle with the ABSORBER. If I dust the car with FINAL INSPECTION type product with a terry towels I will get streaking.
Re: cleaning towels
January 22, 2002 06:31AM
well i clean my terry towels in a regular wash cycle with a regular detergent, the reason being is that i only use terry towels to maybe wipe down a surface i cleaned in the interior, who anyway woould use terry towels to dry a car? i use a chamoi but not just any old chamoi, it best if its a WATER SPRITE chamoi, it really doesnt leaves scratches and drys up the car real good. people say to use 100% usa terry towels because they are soft but really no towel is that soft beside the microfiber towels, now those are soft and wont scratch. just through the years of expirience i come to realize some things and thats that i wouldnt rub my paint job with any other towels than microfiber towels. feel free to comment.
January 22, 2002 03:38PM
i agree, i have never figured out the terry towel thing for drying. so many people swear by it though. the water sprite works for me and lasts for ever.
January 27, 2002 03:10AM
I have yet to try using the California Water Blade as an alternative for drying, but its my bet that this group would recommend avoiding its use entirely. What say?
January 27, 2002 04:42AM
The inventory of the California Water Blade is a multi millionaire for such designing this type of product. This is mainly from everybody trying the product from all over the world & also from companies buying large volumes of the blade. After the initial trial of using the blade, most majority of the results came out in the negative.

The main cause is while you are using the rubber blade, any dust or debris falling on the wet surface while doing your wipping will cause microscopic scratches on the exterior surface. You be the judge!
January 27, 2002 04:45AM
The Water Sprite is a exact dublicate of the original Absorber. There are more copies of such that are contained in the plastic tube with the little hole in the bottom to stop any midue that might occur in storage.

Some people might prefer using the Water Sprite over the Absorber & visa versa.
January 27, 2002 06:46PM
i guess they changed the newer absorber design. the last absorber i had was bought in 93 so i don't know how the new or old differ. the newer seems to be the same(from looking at the packaging) as my old one. anyway, i have been using the w/sprite since 93 and it does pretty good. i notice the absorber comes in different colors now too!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login