Cleaning of the Pads...
January 25, 2002 01:55PM
For cleaning of the wool bonnets, synthetic wool bonnets, foam pads, terry cloth bonnets, just place them into the washer with some light soap. You can use the warm cycle while doing this. When the washing cycle is done, the pads will go through their normal rinse cycle. Following this, the pads will go through their spin cycle.

After the spin cycle has finished, just remove the pads from the machine & place them on a towel to finish their normal air drying. There is no need to place the pads into the dryer. You will make their lifespan shorter & the possibility of picking up leftnover microsopic fibers of any anti static drying cloths.

A good normal pratice is to just let the pads dry out with the normal air. You can place them on a high shelf near the ceiling of your room as the heat rises & the warmest area is up high in the air.
Re: Cleaning of the Pads...
January 28, 2002 12:28PM
Todd, good advice. Even though I work in a shop that has their own towels and supplies I bring my own in. The reason is simple, they wash EVERYTHING together. Rags and pads with solvent/ tar removel/ protectant/ wax/ polish you name it. When these rags are always washed together the material that was on each of them goes in the water. i swear I have used rags from the shop even after they are washed that leave all kinds of foreign marks on the car. No more for me. I bring in all my own stuff now, its well worth it for the results I want....

It's good to hear that you know right from wrong. Nex time you go by the dryer while they are drying all of the towels mixed up with the others, take a bunch of towels in your hands & take a smell. Close your eyes while doing this & you will be able to smell the left over solvents that get washed up with the other towels. Funny huh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login