Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Spoiler problem!!

Posted by John M 
Spoiler problem!!
January 29, 2002 12:15AM
On my rear spoiler the clearcoat has peeled in a couple of places.I was not wanting to start respraying so i wondered if there is anyway to disguise the peeling?I thought about a light wet sanding to flatten the clearcoat smooth then a good buffing but im unsure if this would make matters worse.Anyone had this problem before?

Red is the best!!
Re: Spoiler problem!!
January 29, 2002 05:35AM
Let's put the red to rest & tell you that you will have no other option than to remove the rear spoiler & repaint it al & also respray the clearcoat on it. This is a common problem with factory spoilers & also with aftermarket parts.

You didn't state whay type or make of vehicle this is from? Regardless, you will wind up doing more harm than good & also wasting your time & energy as to a quick fix.

Depending on your budget, you really wouldn't have to pay too much for this problem to be fixed. You can also do it yourself depending on your skill level & the tools required to do the job.
January 29, 2002 10:39PM
i agree with toddco. time for re-paint.
January 29, 2002 11:47PM
Thanks for the advice.I have the spray guns etc so the spraying is not the problem.However as im sure you already know red is a killer of a colour to match perfectly and always looks a different colour under the street lamps at night.Looks like ill be getting the gun out,thanks.

Red is the best!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login