Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Baby's first buffing grinning smiley

Posted by Don M 
Baby's first buffing grinning smiley
January 30, 2002 06:19AM
I couldn't take it anymore. Monday, I had the day off, and it was sunny and in the mid 50's.

The buffer came out of storage, and the bottles of polish were dusted off.

After an INTENSE buffing session with some #7 Show Car Glaze (I love that stuff), and two coats of Finish First (hand applied). I applied the first coat, let it cure for an hour, removed it with the buffer, hand applied the second coat, another hour for it to cure, then buffer removed. The areas I coun't get with the buffer got one hand applied coat that cured for two hours, then hand removed.

I know what I can do with an older car, but it's been so long since I did a brand new car, I had forgotten just how much this simple 3 coat method can improve even a new car.

Let me put it this way...when I stepped back to do the final visual inspection, the paint looked like it had JUST been sprayed on and was still wet. I was almost afraid to touch it, it seemed like if i touched it, my finger would come back with yellow paint on it.

AND today, I drove the 43 miles home in the rain, and when I pulled into the driveway, the lights were shining on the car...it looked like it had just been washed, not driven for 45 minutes in the rain. SWEET!!

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Re: Baby's first buffing grinning smiley
January 30, 2002 02:18PM
and what was this baby's name?

January 30, 2002 04:51PM
I haven't named her yet. She is BRIGHT (I prefer Corvette) yellow, and unfortunately only two names come immediately to mind...Picachu & Big Bird...no thanks, I'll think of something else smiling smiley

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
January 30, 2002 05:17PM
I love that car.....don't worry i won't write another poem her, you guys went easy on me the last time I did........I bet she has nice legs( chrome wheels right?)

January 30, 2002 05:33PM
Every option but sunroof. 2002 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe, 140 hp, 150 ft lb torque DOHC 2.2, 5 spd, limited slip, 202/55/VR16 tires and FREE chrome wheels (dealer scewed up in MY favor).

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
How about "Casandra". You could call her Cassie for short. Just a thought.
January 31, 2002 06:51PM
LOL, I was thinking more along the lines of 'Wolverine.' Since in the X-men, wolverine is small and yellow (and a bad ass).

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login