Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SORRY BUD

Posted by james nash 
SORRY BUD
March 22, 2003 05:17AM
HEY BUD IM NOT TRYING TO SLAM ON YOU PUBLICLY AND IM NOT SAYING YOU SELL BAD STUFF BUT I VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH CHEMICAL SALESMEN AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE CAN APPLY A LITTLE BIT OF THIS OR THAT ON A CAR AT A SEMINAR AND MAKE A 2FT X 2FT AREA LOOK NICE DOESNT MAKE THAT PERSON A DETAILER.NOR DOES OWNING 1 OR 100 SHOPS IM NOT SAYING YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, YOU ACTAULLY SEEM VERY INTELLIGENT AND OFFER VERY GOOD ADVICE . BUT I FEEL THE NEED TO PUBLICLY CRITICIZE YOU FOR USING THIS SITE FOR A PLACE TO SELL YOUR PRODUCTS AGRESSIVLEY THERE ARE MANY PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET ALL CLAIMING MIRACLES . MY POINT IS I DONT FEEL THIS IS THE PLACE FOR IT AND I DONT THINK IT `S COOL TO TARGET PEOPLE WITH REAL ? WHO NEED HELP STARTING AND RUNNING A SMALL BUISNESS BY TRYING TO SELL THEM ON SOMETHING ELSE! THIS SHOULD BE A PLACE TO SHARE TRICKS AND TIPS AND OF COURSE PERSONAL PREFERENCE. SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ARE UNDER THE GUN AND EVERY DETAIL COUNTS FOR THEM & THEIR BIZ AND THEY NEED SOLID ADVICE TO GET THEM THROUGH IN A PINCH ., AND ANOTHER SALES PITCH RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL CAN MAKE THINGS VERY FRUSTRATING FOR THEM ! ANYWAY BUD MY BEST TO YOU IM SORRY TO UPSET YOU IM SURE YOUR A SWELL GUY W/ GOOD ADVICE. JAMESNASH ULTIMATEFINISH DETAIL PHX AZ
Re: SORRY BUD
March 22, 2003 04:41PM
I don't think that Bud is doing anything wrong. I promo P&S products quite a lot here, why? because they work and are not an arm and a leg to buy.

The people that view this BB can make up their own minds as to what they want to buy, I do!

I have brought so many products over the net with out any advice that turned out to be crap. At least Bud has used his and can help with the application.

Just my 2 cents.
March 22, 2003 05:11PM
David,
I see James point. The difference is..., you are not "slammimg, then promoting", nor are you calling forum members, emailing them trying to sell, and "jumping" on the new members/posters trying to make a sale. Telling about a product is one thing, hard line sales in another. From what I can tell, he used this forum, as well as many others in the past, to "promote his product" in the guise of "information" about a product. I know what you are talking about, James..., the same exact thing happened to me too! Yes, when I first started posting here, I "thought" he was a great help..., it then got to the point that if you were not purchasing his product, you were wasting your money, didn't know what you were doing, knew nothing about chemicals, etc, etc.
It is my opinion, you do not have to be a chemist to be a detailer, no more than you have to be a computor programer to use a computor. Sure, you would "know" how it works, networking, writing code, etc, etc.(my wife is a programmer), however, when I am using the internet, I do not "need" to know everything that is going on "in" the computor, all I need is the end results. If that was the case, we would all need masters degree's for EVERYTHING we did.
See what I am trying to say?
March 22, 2003 06:14PM
If you and wayne really want to just be helpfull I would appreciate dropping the Bud stuff. This whole thread is a topic that is getting old.

I agree that Bud suggests his stuff BUT he also has good points that are helpfull. If we wanted to continually bring up the other members faults all we would be doing is arguing. Like the way James ONLY types in CAPS!!! lol lol It is mind bending trying to read a post that has all caps and NO punctuation. lol If you dont like his posts then please leave it alone and make this a happier place to visit.

I like all of you guys. The only dude who ever really irritated me was Dr.Dri Wash. lol remember him? Now HE was a guy who only wanted to promote his product! lol I think we ALL felt the same about that one but Bud DOES have posts that are helpfull and not related to his products everytime. He is a professional who has more experience than alot of us on the board. Some of the guys who post here are not or ever been pro's and their posts are respected by everyone. Lets be nice! smiling smiley winking smiley lol

John
March 22, 2003 06:28PM
pearsonally i havent had bud ever try to sell me product just offer good advice and actually compliment other manufactuers that ive requested feedback on. So lets just quit acting like a bunch kids attacking each other
March 22, 2003 06:48PM
I agree with you guys alsosmiling smiley
I was not trying to "attack", just making a point.
John,
The caps really are hard to read. I wonder why that is, you would think they would be easier, but they are not...,
I remember years ago when the internet was just beginning to catch on, I would type in all caps, just out of habit(and not being a typist), it really pissed off some folks, they thought I was "yelling", LOL!
DRI-WASH, lets not discuss thatsmiling smiley
Sorry if I am point a finger, it's just..., well..., lets leave well enough alone and play nicesmiling smiley
March 23, 2003 01:09AM
i can see how maybe someone would be upset over the fact that bud promotes his products BUT lasttime i checked, he didn't "sneak in under the radar". he makes his affiliations known and does not hesitate to tell folks about his business. keeping this is mind, the posts are pretty straightfoward. i enjoy coming to this board because it lacks the real flaming of someother boards.
March 23, 2003 01:25AM
I'm glad to have Bud here, that way I'm not the oldest detailer in the country LOL.
Even I can learn from him and I would buy locally if they offered all I needed but they dont. Its like having the right tool for the job and the instructions to go with it that arent micro-film size.
I think alot of all of the people on the forum, this is a hard profession and its takes a lot of support and help from our friends here, - co-workers can be a pain and not know 1/4 of what they claim to know.

Di
March 23, 2003 03:30AM
ok no more caps ! hey you guys i agree bud gives good advice and maybe i just didnt like the way he presented things to myself and a few others .
maybe it,s just me and where i live ,in phoenix lots of cars ,lots of detailers,lots of chemicals, lots of salesmen. my point was not to belittle bud. its just i kinda think of this place as a safe haven away from all the b.s. where real people w/ real ?`s can get real answers because they want to do better work . when i first stared i got bombarded w/ a bunch of cheap chemicals that i dont even use anymore and i hate to see that happen to someone who is new to this ! it s been awhile but i remember quite well ! tell me this every one how much crap do u have in your garages in your shops or trailers that u bought used it on 2 cars and and then wondered why u bought it ? ive got gallons of stuff that all works o.k or not at all ! i see alot of new detailers here w/ real ?`s and i tell them to do or use what i do because i know it works 99 out of 100 times.im sure there are alot of other things that work just as well ,and im not trying to discredit them or the people that sell them . i like this place and and all the ideas and crazy ?`s and all the different opinions .

james nash ultimatefinishdetail phx az
March 23, 2003 03:41AM
how 'bout this..., NO MORE SALES!?!?!?
I think maybe then things might work out better without having to try to figure if it is advise or a sales pitch..., again.
Dan
March 23, 2003 05:17AM
James, seriously I have been on a lot of forums where Bud was way annoying with his sales tactics. I watched him get kicked off a very private forum that my friend operated for the reason that he cant seperate giving advice to the selling of his own stuff. I went through the bashing with him on other forums, but now Im all mellow about it. Its only Bud...not a detailing craftsman or anything, you can take him or leave him. He's actually kind of amusing to have around, you just need to take him for what he is, a salesman. No offense Bud!
March 24, 2003 07:22AM
I think Bud has some very good advice and is a value on this forum. I am really pretty new here but I will say that I see Bud and a couple others do the answering of questions and not the asking of them. I have no issues with his sales "tactics" either. Remember everyone, he is a salesman too and relies on that income along with detailing. I should be so lucky to have the cash to sell items as well as use them. He has my thumbs up as well as everyone here does in my book. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Doing what I love....and loving what I do
March 24, 2003 02:42PM
If you don't mean to "slam" me on the public forum, then don't. All you have to do is send me a personal email and tell me you think I am "selling"

Further, this entire discuss began when I posted the comment that I thought certain chemical products sold on line where "boutique" chemicals and were over priced for the quantity that you received and simply advised that detailers consider reviewing the products offered by other detail chemical suppliers.

At no time did I tell you to purchase my company's products.

By the way, we are not a chemical company. We are a detail equipment company and that is our major business and we do not sell to detailers, or should I say that few, if any detailers, purchase our equipment.

Yes, we do offer a very limited line of chemicals but that is mainly for our equipment customers.

And, please refer to the posts that I was blatantly selling my chemical products as you indicate.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 02:44PM
David:

Thank you for your positive comments. However, I do not think that I have blatantly promoted my company's chemical products. If I have please let me know where.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 02:50PM
Wayne:

Again, if you can please provide evidence of where I have blatantly promoted my company's products I would appreciate it. It has been my policy to never knowingly violate the rules of the forum by promoting certain products.

You say that I have "blasted" other products. If you will re-read my initial postings it was only to say that "I thought that certain chemical products sold on line were overpriced for the quantity provided." Is that blasting a product?

For your information, we are now testing the makeup of certain products so that we can provide you, the detailers, with objective information.

Again, I would appreciate you validating your claims about what I have done. Certainly if there was a violation of forum rules I will be the first to apologize.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 02:52PM
John:

Could you please let me know where on the forum that I publicly told participants to purchase my chemical products?

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 02:55PM
Dylan:

Thank you for your commentary. That is what I thought I had been doing. As I have stated most chemical companies all offer the same chemicals. There is really no company with any proprietory chemical formulations. They all copy each other. That is why I advise you to study chemicals, know what makes them up and then look carefully at competitive prices. Of course, if you want to convince yourself you have something better than anyone else you can pay higher prices for the "boutique" products.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 03:01PM
Jackimoe:

Thanks for your comments. That is exactly what I try to do is offer suggestions and not to blatantly promote anything. Been at this long enough to know you do not make people buy anything they do not want to buy.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 03:03PM
Thank you Diane.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 03:07PM
James:

As I mentioned to you on a personal email if you do not like what I say simply send me a personal email and let me know. That way it does not appear that you are trying to "publicly blast me" as you say you are not.

Further, if you are accusing someone of something then I would ask that you cite where it was on this forum that I was blatantly promoting my products. That has never been my intent and it seems that you and Wayne are the only ones that seemingly note that I have done this. Please simply let me know where it was and when.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 04:35PM
Bud,
The practice of getting email addresses off of forums and then emailing sales solicitations, etc, is in my opinion not the type of forum I want to be a part of. You have emailed me so many times, I eventually had to resort to blocking you from emailing me.

Your phone calls(not you personally), but I assume you have people hired to call and try to sell your products. Again, this is MY experience with you on this forum. I have recieved numerous solicitation calls from detail plus..., TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST!!!

Yes, I consider it "blasting" a product you do not have any knowledge of when you make comments about it, either it's price, quantity, quality, application or any combination of those.
Yes, you do make comments about products you have NEVER tried. That is IMO blasting. It would be different if you actually tried the product, but the products you have put down have never been in your hand.
What is the point of bad mouthing a product you have never tried, only to say the "by the gallon stuff" is better or at least as good? how do you know..., you have NOT tried it!

I am tired of the constant debates on this forum that Bud keeps going on and on about. It has finally wore me out. I do not have time for such childness.
If you want to be here to "help" and not "promote", I think it would be a good idea to not talk about products you have no experience with and point people in the "direction" of "by the gallon stuff", knowing that is what you personally sell.

You say you are not interested in selling it, then why so many emails and phone solicitations? NOT TRYING TO SELL, LOL!!!
March 24, 2003 04:50PM
Wayne:

As I have told you numerous times on private emails, chemicals are chemicals and no company, including my own has anything that is unique and revolutionary. I do not have to try each and every chemical on the market to know how they are made. No company has anything that another company cannot copy and often do copy. So why pay huge dollars for "boutique" chemicals?

The best detail chemical technology is available from the companies who make their living selling chemicals to professionals: 3M; Auto Magic; Car Brite; Pro; Production; Ardex; Car Groom and others. Their prices for like products are no where near what these boutique companies charge.

If you want to buy them that is your choice but don't criticize me for offering some "factual" advise about chemicals.

You are not a chemist and have no idea how chemicals are formulated and what is in them to do what they do.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 24, 2003 09:40PM
I suppose I was thinking of your emails rather than your posts Bud. Im sorry I was misleading in the way I worded my comments. I like ya and I wasnt wanting an argument ever. I hope this just dies down and we all get on to nicer topics. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Best regards,
John
March 25, 2003 02:57AM
John:

Thank you for the posting, really appreciate your clarification on the matter.

On all the forums I participate in I try to honor the rules about not selling. Sometimes it is very difficult when a participant asks a specific question about a specific product. But in general it has been my policy to honor the rules.

However, many forums I participate on encourage you to directly contact participants who provide their emails addresses to discuss more one on one with them what you have to offer. I have done that on this forum in completely good faith.

For the most part I have been able to develop some wonderful relationships with detailers on this forum. It appears, for some reason a couple of the participants have taken offense to this practice.

Of course, all they have to do is simply tell me by email or tell the sales person that might call them to take their name off the mailing list or not call anymore. I do not think this forum is a place to air personal greivances with another person.

If you wish to not be contacted directly please let me know by direct email.

Regards
Bud A

buda
March 25, 2003 02:19PM
bud, I`VE GOT A PUBLIC BLAST FOR YOU , CHILL OUT DUDE !your tooo much and yes you do agressivley promote your products to new postee`s other wise no one would have these opinoins of you ! stop all the b.s. and we`ll all talk about (good advice bud) and not your evil twin (salesman bud) and yes lets all get back to nicer topics!

JAMESNASH ULTIMATEFINISHDETAIL PHX AZ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login