Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Turtle Wax Stick

Posted by Steven 
Turtle Wax Stick
February 04, 2002 02:35PM
recently on a trip tto autozone to look into touching up my paint, i ran across a product by turtle wax, a stick that came in various colors claming to match, and blend into your exisiting paint. once the stick was applied all you do is apply liquid wax as normal, and scratches&chips blend, or dissapear. My question is, does anyone have any experience with this product....positive, or otherwise
thanks
JCK2kII
Re: Turtle Wax Stick
February 04, 2002 02:48PM
Colored waxes are about as effective as using a crayon to wax your car. Too, the dyes in colored waxes can very easily stain trim, vinyl decals etc, and then you will have a real problem.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 04, 2002 03:04PM
The use of the Turtle Wax crayons as Don has mentioned are used by us duing the month of October. All of the kids come up to use to have their faces drawn up. Some like to drawn up like clowns, bumble bees, and etc. Basically this is what the sticks are good for. The kids love the sticks, the detailers dislike the sticks. See you next Halloween!
Dan
February 04, 2002 04:07PM
I suppose if you have a huge problem with your paint and your one step shy of a new paint job, you can apply this product monthly to hide anything on the finish. I have a similar product from automagic, but you dont buy different colors, it is a "makeup" product, they use it in car washes a lot, smells like laquer thinner! But is great for wholesale jobs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login