Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OXICLEAN; Fact or Fiction...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Can I get all of the rundown with information on this new product that has hit the industry. Have been seeing it around the area & am looking for any of all information on this product. Example of mixing ratios in bottles, etc. Any information will be deeply appreciated. Thank-You for your time & help.

Todd Arroyo
c/o Toddco Bodywerkes
Re: OXICLEAN; Fact or Fiction...
February 09, 2002 04:33PM
[www.wehenson.com]

Toddco, go here. My wife bought some for the laundry, and I (of course) had to experiment with it.

I was able to completely eliminate (or SEVERELY fade) old bloodstains on white clothing (don't ask) with a 50/50 mix of water and Castrol with 1 scoop of oxiclean in a 32 oz bottle as a prewash, or by mixing a strong solution of oxiclean in HOT water and using it as a soak, with NO ill effects on the fabric.

At first, I tried the recommended mixture of oxiclean and water in a 32 oz bottle and used it on one of the seats in my wife's Jeep. Even as weak as that solution was, and with what little time I spent (OK, so it was a QUICK experiment), the seat came out awesome. Too, that was without any rinsing.

I would suggest you try it.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Dan
February 09, 2002 04:34PM
I used this stuff when I first started out and I have switched long ago to a janitor supply stores brand. Why? Because you have to get the water almost boiling to dillute it without any white grains and if for some reason you dont dillute it all the way, count on buying a new trigger for you carpet sprayer because it will be clogged, can you tell Im still mad? And, when you finally dillute it the carpets dont clean very well either.

I would just stick to the professional carpet cleaners, on the contrary I use oxy as an alternative for bleach on my clothing. Just thought Id throw that in there!
February 09, 2002 04:37PM
Dan, just shake the bottle like you were...um...you know, and the grains will disolve no problem winking smiley

I haven't had the clogged trigger problem, but then again, I use the whole bottle of mix at once, and I rinse it out with hot water between times.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Thank-you for the tips. I'll purchase a can of it this week. Appreciate all of the valuable info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login