Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Polish Mistake

Posted by Rhonda Clark 
Polish Mistake
February 13, 2002 03:03PM
I made a mistake of polishing my car (white) and allowing the polish to dry/bake on before removing. I used Ps21. Ps21 goes on smooth, but can be difficult to remove. Anyway, I waited too long to remove the polish, while doing so, the car had to be moved and was running. SO it was getting late/dark so I quickly removed as much polish as I could. However, it appeard to leave some type of haze on the car. It looks like a grey-like hue on the white paint. My question is, what can I use if anything to remove this grey-like hue. If you looked at the car at a distance, of course you can't see the hue, however up close one can see this hue. I don't particularly like meguiars, I need something to remove the hue and wax/polish the car again. I never realized that white as well as black are very difficult to keep clean. My next car will be grey in color.
Re: Polish Mistake
February 13, 2002 03:47PM
RHONDA, The product p21s as it is called requires you to remove it IMMEDIATLEY after you apply. working in small sections is best. Youhave to read the instructions before you use anything. although many waxes ask you to wait until it dries, p21s is not one of them. You will need to remove it somehow with a solvent of some kind and start over doing the way it is designed. The color has nothing to do with your problem...tm

February 13, 2002 09:45PM
my exp. has been that p21s total auto wash should take care of your problem i use it for everything . you can dilute it to whatever strength you need.
February 14, 2002 12:12AM
Maybe it's time to break out the dishwashing detergent, the famous wax remover at an affordable price. Any thoughts?
February 14, 2002 06:16PM
if the wash doesn't work, try re-application of the same product. you could also use a pre-cleaner or cleaner wax.
February 15, 2002 03:05AM
Rhonda, I am answering in my husbands name, but I have found that when I have come across some difficulties such as yours, and nothing else seems to work (especially since it sounds like you baked the polish on) that buffing with a compound (or maybe even using steel wool) and then re-polishing and waxing seem to help. Hope whatever you try, works.

Good luck,
Kathleen Durham
February 15, 2002 01:01PM
Did I here someone say using "steel wool" on the paint/finish? pinch me I must be dreaming.......

February 15, 2002 02:27PM
Did I here someone say using "steel wool" on the paint/finish? pinch me I must be dreaming.......

My thoughts exactly. Maybe if they were working on rims or exhausts maybe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login