Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wow! Have you seen detailcity.com lately???

Posted by auto polisher 
Wow! Have you seen detailcity.com lately???
September 17, 2003 09:44AM
<HTML>I went to Detailcity.com and boy has it changed!

I will be spending more time over there since Bud isn't over there..... yet.</HTML>
<HTML>Come on man, be polite. Bud offers alot of solutions to our detailing needs. I dont agree with everything everyone does or says, but, their is no since in flaming them.</HTML>
Re: Wow! Have you seen detailcity.com lately???
September 17, 2003 07:30PM
<HTML>

Hey I dont know Bud from Adam, but I listen to everything anyone says on here because it might just save me time and/or money!!!!!

Gary</HTML>
September 17, 2003 08:14PM
<HTML>He also repeats himself over and over again and we still don't get it in our heads. If he didn't answer some of these posts then maybe no one would have. Give him the credit he is worthy of. I'm not even a detailer and I always enjoy his answers. I have learned alot just from him on this site.
Stan the Glass Man</HTML>
September 18, 2003 01:27AM
<HTML>I'm gonna have to agree with the other guys, auto polisher. If you want to learn marketing, not just in our business but in any business, use Bud as a model.

Bud goes on all the forums, detail magazines, etc. and gives away useful information about products, detail techniques, business advice and marketing strategies.

By doing this he's branding himself as an expert in his industry.

I'm not saying this to kiss Bud's butt!

I'm saying this beacause this is what all of us need to do with our customers. They need to look at us as experts.

If people see you as an expert, they are more likely to follow your advice when you recommend a product or service.

Detailers who go on these forums are here to learn. Right there gives you a step up on your competition. Most of my competition are watching TV and drinking beer right now.

Auto Polisher, Thanks for recommending the site, it looks like a good one.</HTML>
September 18, 2003 03:19PM
<HTML>Yes,detail city is looking good. Their are however many strongly opinionated people there. Not a bad thing I guess. Their is also autopia as well? let me ask you guys something, How many forums and how much time do you have to post? My business is a one man operation, I'm also the host detailer on two car forums, plus I manage and I sell products on my web site. many times I'm up to midnight answering e mails. I started this business to relax and I enjoy life, now it is taking up every second of my day. So post where you like and have time to, many times if I can't post I will read and get info I need, so I thank those that can post more often. Gary</HTML>
September 18, 2003 03:36PM
<HTML>I think the arguments here are out of control! I'm surprised to hear the folks at detail city are "opinionated" in comparison....

FYI-
Bud has been banned from detail city I hear and won't be allowed in any time soon.</HTML>
September 19, 2003 03:32AM
<HTML>Robert, with all due respect, and No harm intended. what purpose does it serve making a statement like that about Bud? other than adding bullets to a gun waiting to be fired. If I were Bud I would take offense to that, yes we all differ in regard to opinions. Maybe Bud is more opinionated, but I respect his knowledge of the business. I think we can all get along if we respect each other, that's all. I'm tired. see ya, Gary</HTML>
September 19, 2003 03:36AM
<HTML>well the other sites loss is our gain as far as I am concerned.

Bud has been a priceless source of quality information as fas as I am concerned, and is well respected and liked here.

Jim.</HTML>
September 19, 2003 04:28AM
<HTML>Hi,

It took me a few posts to trust Bud so I know how some people feel but now that I trust what he says it's free wisdom for me! There are two schools of education: experience and wisdom. Experience is learning from your mistakes, wisdom is learning from others.

At first I learned things by just doing, trying different things. Got alot of experience from that. Now I look back over the posts and I see that if I just trusted him back then I could have have saved alot of time. Bud is a teacher and sometimes it's hard for teachers to reach you when your not ready or willing to receive the information. But I feel once you figure out what is going on you'll perk up and start paying attention. Bud tells the truth and doesn't hide anything. Just because he mentions that he sells somthing at the end of class doesn't mean he's conning anyone, just means he's willing to help you beyond you leaving the classroom. When you buy from him you basically get a ver nice support package as well...

Just my 2 cents
~Rick</HTML>
September 19, 2003 02:52PM
<HTML>Amen to that</HTML>
September 19, 2003 11:11PM
<HTML>I look at it like this, Bud has been doing in the detailing business much longer than I have and I have read a ton of his posts on this and other forums. I stand behind Bud because he believes in what he does and does not waffle around about it. You have to take him as he is. He has helped alot of detailers with his advice and if makes some money in the process, so be it. Don't tell me that any of the other detailer on this board does not promote his/her services when and where they can. Were all here to make a few bucks.

Bentley</HTML>

Superb Shine Auto Care
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login