Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HELP Uni project!

Posted by Mark Broster 
HELP Uni project!
March 03, 2004 11:01PM
Hello folks im new here, just after some advice really, for my final year uni project im making a socket that will fit on the spinners for jag wheels, this will allow you to torque them up, what are your vies on this idea? all criticism will be taken i need it good or bad!
also does anyone on this forum use the wooden template thing that goes over the spinners, do u know what i mean???! if so can u email me a picture of it, mark_broster80@hotmail.com
Any advice will be good cheers!
Thanks for your time!
Mark Broster
Re: HELP Uni project!
April 02, 2004 04:21PM
any help people
Re: HELP Uni project!
April 03, 2004 08:23PM
Mark,

I know the type of component you mean for tightening the wheels. I have never used one myself but have heard they are OK for occasional use and then they seem the splinter and fall apart.
The problem is if you use a hammer to tighten them I.E. give them a good whacking on the end of the spanner to ensure the spinner is tight.
I know a lot of people would be interested in a good method of undoing and tightening the spinner.
A problem that has occurred to a few people ( this includes using the tool or not) the spinner is parallel to or just under the wheel arch of the car, therefore, using a soft face mallet on the tool it has been known to hit the lip or panel of the car whilst swinging the mallet.
A ratchet would be most useful, you would need to find out the correct torque for the spinner which would not be hard also the type of material you would use for the socket. It would strength but have a soft section so as not to damage the chrome on the spinner.
I suppose you could use a rubber insert with a high shore hardness index or high impact plastic. It would also have to have non slip capabilities.
Have you tried also posting this message on www.jag-lovers there is a wealth of knowledge on the site. It is a high volume site and you would be sure to get a few answers.
Hope this is of some help.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login