Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Posted by Jeff S 
May 24, 2003 04:21PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself the the board.Iv'e always loved GTO's,
and I just came accross a 68 for sale.I haven't seen the car yet,but this is what I know so far-
No engine ortranny:
Body w/ some rust in usual places:
Alpine blue ext:
Price... $ 400.00 Am I looking at a parts car, or a restorable gem? Also, any other input would be helpfull... Thanks,
Re:~~~~~~hello~hello~helloooooo~~~~
May 25, 2003 06:57AM
I don't think anyones here Jeff..... $400 don't sound all that bad unless it's a total basket case. I'm looking for a 66' GTO myself. An old man I used to work with sold a 66' 4-speed 421 (I think it was a 421) with near mint interior and a near perfect body for $1,200.00 a few years back. His son had skipped bail and took off. leaving him with a 66' GTO and in the hole on his bond. I felt like slapping the ol' man when he told me what he sold it for.. I still can't believe that he "gave" that GTO away.
400 dollars sounds like one heck of a deal, unless the frame is junk. Jeff, where is the 68 located??
May 27, 2003 10:13AM
Hey Luke, the car is in North Carolina,near Winston Salem.I'll try to take a look at it this week.
It's a little too far away for me just to get it for a parts car for my 68. Report back what you find out. 400 bucks is almost stealing it
May 29, 2003 11:40PM
If it is not totaly rusted out, and basicly a pile of junk, $400 is not bad at all. I gave $600 for my first GTO in the same "missing parts" condition, and it was a 69. So if it is not totaly wrecked, or thrashed beyond repair. Then I say go for it. But be ready for a long time, on going project. It takes some fortitude to stay with a restoration. Believe me, you will question your sanity many times going through it. But if you stick with it to the end, it is well worth it. Enjoy!

70 Judge in the works!
May 31, 2003 01:54AM
Well, today I saw it. It is a true rust bucket.It is sitting in a pile of weeds,
and every bodypart is total trash.Don't even ask about the inside,unless you like to play with large field mice.Sorry guys.... it's nice to dream,right?
Jeff
May 31, 2003 06:50AM
not right that people do that to cars people like us dream of there is a all number matching convert 350 .turbo 400 w/chrome endura,,ralley gauges his and hers all white with red int, and it has factory air pwr,disc,'s sitting rusting away next door to me and he has four 66s and two 67s all gto's bought all new buy his dad one owner cars ive been trying to get the 68 for years i have a 68 gto 400 ho YZ code w/ factory ram.air factory A/C Pwr,Disc's.turbo 400 posi rear.all original cameo white w/ivy gold int, hood tach,.. i paid $2.200.oo from the orig, owner.it was running..& i have all paper work nice deal...P.S it only has 59,467.00 miles hehe.................. found car in washington state.rust in normal places but real bad around rear window's well hope you find one worth buying

travis williams
June 19, 2003 08:21PM
I don't think that it is fair that people are allowed to let cars go to waste like that. I mean I have seen a couple completely stripped and rusting cars before, and it sadened me. The worst probably was a 1965 mustang coupe. it had pretty much nothing left, no interior to speak of, no rims and even the and trunk covers were gone and replaced with pieces of wood attached to the hinges. I was kind of suspicious when you said 400 bucks to, nobody in the right mind sells a GTO for $400 unless it's thrashed. Well thats enough talkin for now.

Greg Peck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login