Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New GTO

Posted by Curran Lehr 
New GTO
June 02, 2003 01:08AM
I have liked muscle cars since I was very young. It is great that american car manufacurers are making them again. Ford's new Mustang is looking great as is the Dodge Charger. What caused GM the biggest auto manufacturer in the world to come in with such a weak effort? The new GTO is a glorified Grand Prix. The idea is right, a V-8 powered rear-wheel drive two-door, but why such contemporary styling? In my opinion this new car should not carry the GTO name maybe only the Grand Prix Z or something signifing a V-8 edition. That's all I have on this, what do you think?

Curran
Re: New GTO
June 02, 2003 04:32AM
I think it is BS, PR crap. It is a ploy to sell a few more cars. And I for one am not even impressed with the car. It is a joke, and gives the wonderfull GTO a bad name. I think it is a shame to discontinue the Trans Am. Which with the WS6 Ram Air package was one cool looking car. Just to bring out a car and call it a GTO, and have it look like every other new plastic grocery getter. Not impresed, nor happy about the concept at all. They should have left well enough alone. The GTO is a legend for a reason. And it is not for it looking like a mass produced, plastic, run of the mill POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuff said, I could go on for days!

70 Judge in the works!
June 02, 2003 05:15AM
I agree with the guy above. And if you are going to make a new GTO at least give it some what of a retro look or a look different from the one that is going into production. Lance 1967 GTO
June 10, 2003 07:38PM
yes yes yes the new gto is not a goat but a joke ive seen two of them here in portland 1 owner says he loves it drives really nice but yet never drove a real gto the other said he only bought it because his wife wanted it and he said he was going to trade it in on the new thunderbird awesome looking car there wow.. well GM is going down hill again whats there problem who knows it took them long anothe to come out with the vortec now they want to discontinue the camaro firebird etc, I guess there putting there necks out for the new impala and monte carlo SS wow they brought back the 409 or is it i true 409 dont think so well what a joke

travis williams
June 12, 2003 01:20AM
You gotta remember, when the first GTO came out in 64 Delorean and the boys had to hide it from the GM brass, so in that respect give GM sometime to get it right. Right now though, the new GTO looks like every other car on the road. Give it a Ram Air hood with some flair and make it something that somebody actually wants to drive. My opinion of course. Sincerly Lance
June 12, 2003 02:03AM
So who here saw the "concept" GTO that poped up a few years back. Now that is closer to what I would have exspected. Not a lame thing like this one is. I am still not happy at all with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the old ones, to know that a run of the mill grocery getter is not what the GTO name is all about. Oh well. I will not be buying one, thats for sure!

70 Judge in the works!
June 16, 2003 06:54PM
i don't like the new gto either. looks like family car! i would expect a more aggressive look to it atleast. GM should of left a good name alone. Its as if they're lingering on the choice they made of discontinueing the original GTO, so now they bring it back as a plastic thingy. bah! i hate new cars!

Looking for one
June 19, 2003 07:53PM
The new GTO is CRAP literally. The name GTO should not be wasted on this pathetic excuse of a grocery getter. The GTO is a legend for it's great looks and speed and should not be ruined by this junk. I mean it looks pretty much the same as any standard Pontiac. I mean if it had a 1970 wing and ram air hood then I mean i might be into it a bit more. Well enough said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login