Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

how much is my 1969 firebird worth in terms of GTO's?

Posted by Zack Kreps 
how much is my 1969 firebird worth in terms of GTO's?
June 02, 2003 01:19AM
I have a 69 firebird with a ford 9" rear wiuth 4.11 gears, chevy th350 trans, and the bottom end of a chevy 350 (have parts to get rnning). i have put 2" drop spindles with power disc brake conversion from stainless steel brake co. on the front. new gas tank(year one) and the origonal interior is in almost mint condidtion except fo tthe dash pad which has a crack and the origonal headliner which is hanging but could be repaired or replaced cheap. i have a new rear frome kit form competition engineering and an 8 pt roll cage, neither are installed. the frame kit has coil overs and i have new shocks in the front. everything is functional except the half-missing engine. it has 15" cragar keystone classics with bfgoodrich tires. the paint looks good and theres no rust but it shoudl probobly be re-sprayed. doors work glass rolls everythiung works. i dont know what else there is to add but i have invested at least 15k into this car and its parts, but i doubt id get more then 12k for it on a good day. this isnt an add to sell i just want to know if anybody can give me a quick apprasal. i can scan pics if anybody wants a better look.

im out to get a GTO with the cash from it. theres a 69 goat for sale for 8500 bucks and it runs with a 400/400 engine/trans. im prettys ure my firebird is at least worth that, heres hoping.

Poncho Passion
Re: how much is my 1969 firebird worth in terms of GTO's?
June 02, 2003 04:25AM
Well to a collector, or person into original cars it wouldn't be worth a lot of money. In its present condition, from your description, it is more of a race car project. For one having a Chevy drive train in the car takes quite a bit from it being a collectors dream. From what I read not one component of the drive line is Pontiac. Which for its value as a classic Pontiac would all have to be replaced. Also most Pontiac buffs would preffer the suspension to also be OEM spec. Or atleast the ones I know. But if someone was interested in it for a track car, then it might just drum up some interest. I hope you can get what you want for it. But keep in mind that if it is "parts" then it is what we call a basket case. And it is very hard to get almost $9000 out of a basket case that is not either a rare car, or a possable concourse restorable car with as little investment after the purchase as possable. But that is my oppinion. Look at it this way, I gave $4000 for my GTO. And it is a 70 Judge (PHS documented), with 22 factory options. The engine was not original, but it is a Pontiac 400. All of the rest is original with a few minor things here and there. Was it perfect? Not by any strech of the imagination. But it was a good buy in my eyes none the less. And that is all that matters. It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And a lot of times that can be dictated by where you are in the US. I live in Oklahoma, and the market is not strong enough to get that level of money for a car in the described condition. But in California or say Florida, perhaps. Good luck. I hope you get all and more than you want out of it.

70 Judge in the works!
Re: how much is my 1969 firebird worth in terms of GTO's?
June 02, 2003 07:44PM
check nada.com for an official price
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login