Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need a little help

Posted by john abeli 
Need a little help
June 12, 2003 01:58AM
I just bought a 69' Judge GTO. I would like to know if there is a crate enigine that can be directly mounted on the stcok engigne mounts. Any help would be very appericiated.
Re: Need a little help
June 13, 2003 04:40AM
I believe Recon engine remanufacturers makes 400's and 455's that would mount perfect into a 69 judge. Hope that info can help, good luck with your judge
June 14, 2003 12:21PM
I found these guys on the internet, I have no idea of the quality of their work, but here is a Pontaic Engine rebuilder for you. Good Luck.

[www.precisionengine.com]
June 16, 2003 12:51AM
You could also always buy one from Jim Butler Performance. But now you are talking some very high performance, at a very high price. But he does nice work.

www.jbp-pontiac.com

70 Judge in the works!
June 16, 2003 06:57PM
i'm still in the process of getting my GTO '69. and i was wondering. Chevy is comeing out wit hthat new monster crate engine the 672 i think. now i've never really taken time to measure out the engine bay of a 69 GTO, but would that fit in there??

Looking for one
June 17, 2003 09:55PM
Well it might, but why would you want to put it in there? Keeping in mind all of the emision BS that goes on the newer engines, plus the fact that it is a Chevy engine would stear me away from it. For what you will pay for that engine, you could have one hell of a 455 for the goat. And it would look factory stock. Some don't know, but a 400 and a 455 pontiac motor block wise are the same exact size. Now that is not to say that they are the same, but they fit exactly the same. Even all of the brackets are inerchangeable. I wouldn't go that rout, but that is me. My Judge will have a 455 in it. And short of looking for casting numbers, it will look just like it did when she rolled off the showroom floor. Plus she will be packing around 500hp. So I say, why buy new, when old is better? But then again, that is why I love old muscle cars!

70 Judge in the works!
June 21, 2003 12:56AM
yes it should but why...there are better crate motors out there and who care about a 455 its just a number.. just because every body out there thinks there so cool.there not if your going with a big block go with the best a bf goodwrench 454 a far better motor then any pontiac a 454 will rip a 455 up i dont care how much money you have in you motor 454 is a better stroke better top end better horse power better all round I have 68 gto HO RAM AIR 400,,but replaced it with a chevy 383 stroker and if i didnt rad it out like i did...stock flat top pistons, 268 cam,,no rollers but after market manifold performer youll have 400 stock horse power stock who cares about a 500 hp 455 when you can get 405 hp out of a small block chevy a stock 454 LS-6 has 500 hps stock,,and it came from a 71 chevelle....P.S chevy's are cheaper to build........CHEVY POWER BABY mine has a 292 isky H cam
with isky roller's rocker and lifters pete jackson gear drive, mallory unilite 9000 w/ hy fire..performer manifold. a set of fuely 2:02 .all forged crank pistons.. and i have stoke connecting rods ..balanced blue printed i have 418 hp with 585 Pounds of Torqe at 2200 rpm lets think about that big ugly 455 when its next to you at a run my money is on the chevy not the big block 455 my nickles worth but take every body info for an acount..alot of good ideas hear

travis williams
June 21, 2003 02:14AM
Blah, blah, blah. I for one am not interested in investing a ton of cash in a restoration, just to stick a Chevy engine in my car. To each his own. But to say that a 454 will smoke any Pontiac 455 is not entirely acurate. Ask Jim Butler. He has some bad ass 455 running GTO's. And I assure you they will contend with any car. No matter what they are running. I have a buddy that has a 70 Judge that is cooking 800 horse out of a 455. Now it is anything but stock. But I guarantee you it is a bad mofo. Doubt me if you will, but he has over 10 grand in the engine, and is a certified GM master mechanic. So he knows his stuff. And can build one hell of an engine, cash providing. Reguardless to whatever point you were trying to make. All I was saying that one can have plenty of performance, and still apear to be stock. It almost sounds to me like you would be a better owner for a classic bow tie, as opposed to a GTO. But that is just my oppinion. Flame away if you wish, I still think I would choose a 455 over any bow tie engine. But that is just me. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley

70 Judge in the works!
June 21, 2003 07:04AM
I'am;
I own 1 of only 25 .............1967 nickey camaro's all stock all orig w,alum 427 ..all registerd and documented ..plus another 67 RS. 327. and a
68 ss/rs 396. So yes you can say I'am a chevy guy BOW TIE all the way Sorry to upset you and you'r 455 i just dont like em every one has one,,,,I would rather have a 389 out of a 67 gto with 421 HO heads,,but all too his own ..and all is good under god's HOOD....... And i dont think that your buddy is driveing this goat to the grocery store,,,Just down the Qtr and if so what's his best ET's and reaction time's ?.well enjoy and keep GM all GM that mean's chevy ;.... lol ..... lol ....have fun with any thing other than a
F%$D my mommy said never say the F%$# word

travis williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login