Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few questions

Posted by Lucas Sweeney 
A few questions
June 17, 2003 03:26AM
Hi i am new to muscle cars and dont have one yet since i am only 17 but am looking at either 66 or 67 gto. i got 2 questions why do they call it a goat? Where do u find blowers? If ne1 knows where i can find a very cheap gto to restore at my own time completely i would really like it! i work at the Tires plus so i get free use of equipment.

Lucas Sweeney
Re: A few questions
June 17, 2003 03:43AM
Hey Lucas, Im 18 and I own a 67 myself. There really isnt a reason why they are called goats just kinda of an adopted nick name. I would check ebay out they usually have 67's on there but i am not sure on how reasonably priced they are. I see them on this site as well so just keep looking for one and you will find one. Make sure you check for the vin # and ask if the guy you are buying the car from if he has the PHS or pontiac historical services documentation to verify that it is a real GTO. The first three #s should be 242. 1966 was the first year the GTO had its own vin # the 64 and 65 both were an option on the lemans. Hope this info can help you to find your dream Goat. sincerly Lance Q
June 21, 2003 10:54PM
I'm not really sure where they got the idea for the goat nickname, its just kind of been around. Lance is right, check the vin numbers on it, so that you don't get scammed. I have been a muscle car nut for the longest time myself, and I am 14, I can't wait until i am older so that I can buy my own goat because GTOs kick ass over all other muscle cars.
August 04, 2003 10:23AM
hey guys, im 18, and i just recently got my 67 goat as a inheritance from my god father.. he just rebuilt the engine, but has alot of work to be done to it.. but right now me and a bud are going to build it up.. it's in 5 colors right now.. but dam is it strong..
just found out of these boards.. so im hoping they'll be helpful..
greg - hope you get ur goat soon winking smiley

a legend in the making..
JVP
August 13, 2003 10:32PM
The "Goat" thing is just kinda a nick name, but the best "reason" I ever heard for it was that ....

"A GTO will eat anything"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login