Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1972 GTO.. I need feedback please?

Posted by shawnmid 
1972 GTO.. I need feedback please?
August 26, 2003 05:50AM
I have a 1972 GTO all original excluding the fact it has been repainted. The car has been stored for many years and is in perfect shape. Not one spot of rust.. the only flaws this car is suffering is there is a small panel piece that is coming off which you can tell by the pictures, a crack in the dash, and the front of the car has a few scratches in it. It has only 69k original miles on it.. the engine has never been rebuilt. It has a 400 with a 4 speed transmission. My question here mainly is what is this car worth? I have checked out NADA but as most know it is not always the most accurate. Thank you for your time.

Shawn M

[bookworx.com]
Re: 1972 GTO.. I need feedback please?
August 29, 2003 02:19AM
Shawn -

The best thing to do is "compare apples to apples". By that I mean, get out there and see what people are getting for something simular. Hemmings Motor News is a good resource, as well as e-bay or car shows. If it is as nice as it sounds, is should have a pretty decent value.

You should also check for an insurance appraiser of antique and collectors in your area. They will have a good idea of insured value, which may or may not be the same as retail.

When it comes to old cars, really, anything goes. Someone that had a car like that when they were in high school may really want it and pay lots. Someone that is looking to fill a spot in a GTO collection may pay less, but the internet should give you a pretty good idea.

Travis Williams in this forum seems to have a pretty good grasp...he may be able to give more detail. Travis?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login