Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

need help!! NOW!

Posted by Piotr 
need help!! NOW!
September 30, 2003 04:11PM
this is really off topic. but i couldn't get a hold of someone with the experience, who would tell me for free. well i'll tryto make it short (yeah right...). well here we go...

---

Just recently my parisienne started to give in, the carb malfunctions, the steering column is loose, and the blinker switch fell off... ;'( it all can be fixed. but now, here is the problem, i lack a lot of mechanical experience, specially with such complicated things, such as carbereurators. so i'm parking the car for some time, til my dad gets back from vacation(he's a mechanic) so, i'm going to use his 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager AWD LE. so, this morning i went to start it, and turned off the alarm. beep beep like it should. --the car has been in hybernation for a month, he doesn't like the idea of me driving his baby.-- so i sit down and trn the ignition. it boots up, all hte gigital stuff turns on and what not. i turn the key.. all i hear is clicking from somthing... sounds like the starter.... all the lights flash... i thought it miht be a loose connection, or a short in one of the switches... so i turned the lights on and off... when i turned them on..the electronic rpm gauge went up... then down when i turned the swotch off... i thought it was a general battery ault, so i hooked up hte charger and set it to start mode... that wasn't it... it still clicked... so... i decided to take the parisienne...although it is adeath trap.. the pinnion could come loose,and bam, i go into somthing.... oi... so -- after i gav eup on th minivan, i tried to turnthe alarm back on.. but it wouldn't go. the power locks didn't even go... but,the lgihts worked,so the battery has juice. maybe it's a relay, or fuse... can anyone help?!? please do, i know this is off topic... by the way, i love the gto and plan to get a 69. thanks.

Looking for one
Re: need help!! NOW!
September 30, 2003 09:46PM
its should be pretty esy to fix this tighten the piss out of the ground on the battery terminal the battery has enough voltage to power up the accessories but when the load of the starter is there there is not a good enough of a ground to support the amps that the starter needs !!!! its either that or the starter bendix has actually broken which i dont think that has happened but its a possibillity

john
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login