Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

valve springs

Posted by lee bade 
valve springs
October 07, 2003 04:32PM
i think my valve spring have gotten weak and want to replace them and upgrade the cam as well. looking for suggestions. i have 68 GTO with a rebuilt 400(basically a ram air 3 setup) looking for a bit more performance.
m21 4spd and 3.08 rear.
Re: valve springs
October 07, 2003 07:45PM
well when you get a cam I like the isky comp's allway a Hyd, for a H++Performace get the springs that best match the lift & duration,of cam to spring's you can never go wrong w/triple never single unless keeping stock also if money book dont let you go w triple/atleast get a dbl spring w/titanium lock's, now with that in mind youll nead to get some good lifter's that wont float at high RPM's the best are roller lifter's but price'y next best thing are Roads Anti pop up's HyD,lifter's now up grade your push rods and get some hardend chrome molly isky flat's, if not running a roller set up
youll also nead to get hardend guild plates to handle the hardend push rods check if running a automatic because wont run right untill you get a tourqe converter to handle the bigger cam,, if not youll be loseing alot of vacume in motor if manule so if you have vacume operated part's you'll nead a vacume canister,,, Travis Williams@Ed Williams Machine

travis williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login